Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT 1 heads

R

resto75

As I understand it there were both cast iron and Aluminum heads on LT1 engines. I looked at mine and their Alum. Is this a plus or a neg. Also what size valves would they have.

One more question. What auto trans did they use in 1994 LT1 vettes.

Thanks

All Corvettes and F-bodies got aluminum. The cast heads came on the police cars, buicks, cadillacs, and caprice/impalla.

Is there a benefit? Well, aluminum allows more compression on the same amount of octane, is lighter, and has been a otherwise desirable addition to any small block chevy for the last 30 years.

You have the 460 fully electronic four speed auto trans. It does not have a kick down cable for the detent. You can tell by looking at the cables on the throttle body. You will have a throttle, and cruise. On a old model C4 with a standard 700R4 you will find three cables, one for the kick down/passing gear of the auto trans.

The cool thing about the 460 is you can control the shift points via the computer and reprogramming.

Your valves will be 1.94 intake and 1.5 exhaust.

Thanks Chris. I wasn't sure of what tranny I had. I figured the alum heads would be better also.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom