Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1 intake with no heater hose fitting

F4Gary

Corvette
72 LT-1 conv w/fact air
My intake manifold from my 72 LT-1 corroded out the water passage to the left head. So, I bought one off ebay. Nice, clean, non-corroded, beadbasted 3959594 manifold. But, it doesn't have the hole for the heater hose fitting. It might have been welded up, but if so, the welder did a beautiful job. So, before I go drilling and tapping a hole for the fitting, just wanted to check and make sure I don't have some rare manifold. They didn't come this way over the counter did they? Thanks.

Update. I found a crack at the base of the #1 intake runner and am sending this manifold back for a refund. So. I'm now back in the market for another nice 71-72 LT-1 intake manifold. Grrrrrr.

Update. I found a crack at the base of the #1 intake runner and am sending this manifold back for a refund. So. I'm now back in the market for another nice 71-72 LT-1 intake manifold. Grrrrrr.

OUCH!!!

What a bummer.

Are you restoring the car? If not I have an L82 intake that I removed in order to put my TPI on...

No, the car has already had a body on restoration. I'm just trying to keep it stock. Although, the GMPP manifold looks pretty nice.

In the event that you are stuck with this manifold, check out http://www.z28camaro.com/ and look at their restoration services. Jerry MacNeish is well known for his work on aluminum. Second to none, I have heard. I have not used his services except for a carb and distributor restoration.

Gary
72 LT-1

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom