Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1/ZR-1 Coupe photo

72LT1Steve

In the LT-1 owners thread I mentioned attending the 1st car show of the year and parking to a fully restored '72 LT-1/ZR-1. It recently was on E-bay but I thought for those that might be interested in seeing a better photo of it, I would provide some viewing info :).

Go to: www.corvettemarqueclub.com
then select: photos section
Select: Events
Select: Crista ministries Show & Shine 2002
Click on: "A very nice blue C3"

My car was parked to the left & not worthy of a photo :(

Cheers :)

Steve

That owner is a real trooper. He had it out in the rain, or he got stuck in the rain. Either way, real nice vette. I would like to see some of the mechanicals. Just to get a good look at the differences.
Thanks for the link.
Dean

70 LT-1 convert said:
That owner is a real trooper. He had it out in the rain, or he got stuck in the rain. Either way, real nice vette. I would like to see some of the mechanicals. Just to get a good look at the differences.
Thanks for the link.
Dean

Dean; He, along with all of us got stuck in the rain. It actually was just a drizzle, but still a slight bummer. As far as the mechanicals go, I got to look at the car up close. Not much visually different than a Regular (if there is such a thing) LT-1. M-22 4 speed, radio delete, no fan shroud, upgraded suspension & brakes. So nothing that really stands out as obviously different.
I guess the brakes were the pain in the butt part. They were special pads as I recall him saying and he had to have his rebuilt as he could not find any NOS, etc. I guess it was semi costly.

Take care

Steve

Hi Steve,
Do you recall if he had the A.I.R. pump on the car? I know all LT-1's were shipped with them but I am wondering if the ZR-1 was different. Also, is there any ID visible to distinguish the ZR-1? I know of most of the mechanical differences, I am referring to a badge or label of some sort.
Thanks again,
Dean

70 LT-1 convert said:
Hi Steve,
Do you recall if he had the A.I.R. pump on the car? I know all LT-1's were shipped with them but I am wondering if the ZR-1 was different. Also, is there any ID visible to distinguish the ZR-1? I know of most of the mechanical differences, I am referring to a badge or label of some sort.
Thanks again,
Dean

Dean: Nothing on the exterior of the cars to I.D. them as a ZR-1 over a LT-1 that I know of. On the exterior they looked like a LT-1, with the B.B. Hood and striping. The engine pad received a "CKZ" vs. a "CKY or CRT". The CKZ denoted a LT-1 engine w/H.D. 4-speed (M-22).
Yes, this ZR-1 did have the A.I.R. pump. I've been curious on this A.I.R. pump question however. My engine pad stamp is the CKY which I've researched to be a listing for: "LT-1 w/4-speed, 255 h.p.". The CRT stamp code is denoted as the: "LT-1 w/A.I.R.". Also my cars engine only has a two pulleys off the water pump vs. the three pulley system I believe came on the CRT/ A.I.R. equipped cars. Am I off base to think my car did not come with an A.I.R. pump?

Thanks

Steve

A.I.R.

I know all LT-1's were shipped with [A.I.R. pumps]

Umm... I'm not so sure about this. My 72 does not have AIR, and according to all the docs I have on the original setup, it was not setup with AIR.

I also have only the 2 pulleys and my exhaust manifolds don't have the fittings for AIR.

She's a rare beauty. Too bad about the rain.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom