Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-4 Airfoil

G

GS583

Does the LT-4 us a different throttle body than the LT-1? In most catalogs that I have seen there is no listing for the insert that smoothes airflow into the throttle body for the LT-4, but one is listed for the LT-1. Exhaust systems seem to fall under the same situation also. Fill me in. Dave

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Dave. It's always nice to have another GS owner on board.:w

I was looking into a new throttle body for #328 and from what I can tell the LT1 and LT4 use the same one. In my research I discovered that with a mostly stock engine a larger TB will not increase performance much. If #583 is mostly stock I would suggest saving your money for heads or a hot cam. A lot of guys really like the 4.10 gears also.

Your also correct about the exhaust. The LT1 and LT4 exhaust's are the same. And with the exception of an additional sensor, I think the ZR-1 exhaust's are the same too.

As a little FYI, Rob has put together a great LT1 vs. LT4 comparison.

Jason

I have a lot of the part numbers to both LT1 and LT4 engine components listed. I should probably add them to that comparison page so that you can get an idea of what's different between the two engines in terms of components. The intake manifolds are differnt but I don't see anything listed here for the throttle bodies.

GS583 said:
Does the LT-4 us a different throttle body than the LT-1? In most catalogs that I have seen there is no listing for the insert that smoothes airflow into the throttle body for the LT-4, but one is listed for the LT-1. Exhaust systems seem to fall under the same situation also. Fill me in. Dave

Save the $40.00 bucks that the airfoil costs, it does nothing. Most people I know have removed them. You can probably find one out there for sale for 10 buck if you relly want it

FX GS said:
SUPERNATURAL 400: Do you have an airfoil in your TB?
Callaway put one in mine.

There is one in there, but they come standard with the 52mm throttle bodies, from people that I know who have had them. dynoed before and after with no gain at all, and no difference in throttle response

No I do not have one on 583, but was just curious if there was an improvement that was as dramatic as most adds stated 14 HP etc. Best, Dave:

Concur with the others... don't waste your money on a throttle body air foil... although the aluminum ones do make for a rather interesting paperweight. :)

If you make other engine mods (heads, cam, exhaust, etc) then a 52mm throttle body makes sense and those come with an air foil already molded in to the body. Do NOT opt for a 58mm unit! Those should only be considered after stroking the motor beyond 350 c.i., and even then may not be necessary.

Just IMHO, of course.

Save your money, :) I had a buddy install one and had his dyno,ed before and after. Guess what? No difference :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom