Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT1 cutting/missing at high rpm on the track

Corvette
1996 Artic White F45 LT4 COUPE
i have never push it that hard yet since i own it only for the last 3k but tonight i when to the track with some friends and my 1992 auto 3.07 with 60k get straight out the box on D (not o/d) but just before shifting to second gear there is like a short misfire/cutting and once in 2nd everything o.k. till about 5000 rpm where the same misfire/cutting appear but worst and longer till getting to the 3rd gear after that she push it thru the 1/4 with no other issue and the car run as usual on the way back home... any idea on what can cause this problem ???injectors,fuel pump,optispark??? i did 14 1/4 miles run's and my best was 14.159 at 99.11 mph. with a 2.289 60 ft and a reaction time of 0.617 i run on 91 octane, the tank was 3/4 full, the outside temp was around 70, coolant temp between 210 and 230, A/C was off, ASR was off, tune up and gaz filter done, and the only mods are k&n, open air lid, air foil and muffler eliminator... i had a great night with the guys but i im sure this corvette can push harder on 1/4 than 14.1 at -/100 mph and i want to take care of this before it get worst... thanks in advance

i have never push it that hard yet since i own it only for the last 3k but tonight i when to the track with some friends and my 1992 auto 3.07 with 60k get straight out the box on D (not o/d) but just before shifting to second gear there is like a short misfire/cutting and once in 2nd everything o.k. till about 5000 rpm where the same misfire/cutting appear but worst and longer till getting to the 3rd gear after that she push it thru the 1/4 with no other issue and the car run as usual on the way back home... any idea on what can cause this problem ???injectors,fuel pump,optispark??? i did 14 1/4 miles run's and my best was 14.159 at 99.11 mph. with a 2.289 60 ft and a reaction time of 0.617 i run on 91 octane, the tank was 3/4 full, the outside temp was around 70, coolant temp between 210 and 230, A/C was off, ASR was off, tune up and gaz filter done, and the only mods are k&n, open air lid, air foil and muffler eliminator... i had a great night with the guys but i im sure this corvette can push harder on 1/4 than 14.1 at -/100 mph and i want to take care of this before it get worst... thanks in advance
Everything you mentioned plus can cause Hi RPM Studder!!:thumbPlugs,Wires,Coil,Grounds,Fuel Filter,EGR Valve,TPS,Restricted Exhaust and the list gos on!!:L:L:L
Your best bet is a Good Scanner and a man that Knows how to use it to it's full potential!!:thumb

My first thought is a plugged fuel filter but you say that was already replaced.

Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail at RPM - the fuel pump may be going bad and not able to keep up with high RPM demand.

Wires, coil or opti would be my guess as far as checking out things. Sounds like at the high RPM's you're getting an electrical breakdown. But in order to fix it right the first time, follow junkies advice and have it put on a scanner by someone who knows what he's doing.
Andy :w and keep us posted on what the final fix turns out to be. :thumb

For SERIOUS driving (track/stip), there's only 1 correct answer, as GMJ posted; scanning/data logging software...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom