Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT1 engine help

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
I was thinking about puting an LT1 in one of my old vettes (1980) to get some better economy and maybe some better HP :)

So i have a few questions about the LT1, maybe you guys can help.
I found an engine complete with harness and ecu, do they make a harness adapter to plug this thing into an old vette? You know what i mean? Anything to make the install easy to wire up?

Also do they make any kind of a kit to run LT1 heads on a conventional block?
And my last question, can you put a stock carburetor style intake on an lt1 and run it with a carb?

thanx,

LT1 into older vette

If you have a complete LT1, why put the heads onto an older block? I don't think they fit (the reverse flow coolant, etc.)
But on the other hand, check out Edelbrock for an LT1 intake that accepts a carb. AND it accepts an HEI distributor (simply plug up the LT1 Optispark drive hole).
A friend of mine has this manifold and it is very well made.
With the HEI distributor you shouldn't need the computer, etc. to run the engine. And it will run very well.
Use the 'search' tab above and you may find someone who has done this same install.
Good luck and enjoy the ride.

You say you want the LT1 for better economy. Then you say you want to put a conventional distributor and a carb on it. So first, make up your mind.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom