Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: LT1 Engines

Corvette
2007 C6 - Arctic White
What is the current status with regard to repairing/re-building the LT1? Are spares fully available?
I am asking because I was talking to an engine guy at our U.K. Corvette Club 'Nationals' yesterday, and he said, in effect, 'look after your LT1 and don't blow it up because it can't be re-built'.
I know LT5s have parts difficulties, but surely the LT1 is well covered....!?
What's the story on the western side of the Atlantic Ocean?
J.C.

Over here in the colonies, anyone saying an LT1 cannot be rebuilt must be inside some reality distortion field.

The Gen 2 V8s do not have the problems LT5s have with basic engine parts.

The Gen 2 V8s do not have the problems LT5s have with basic engine parts.
:thumb
Internally , the LT1 has the same parts (roller cam , pistons , crank , etc) as the '87 + 1 pce rear main seal engines; late L98 LT1/ LT4 / Vortec
Heads are unique as is waterpump drive and opti spark.
Given the number of LT1 engines produced 92 -97 I don't think the parts supply ( especially aftermarket ) is going to dry up anytime soon

Thanks, guys - that what I was hoping (and expecting) to hear.
I look after my motor well anyway - it gets fresh Mobil 1 every 3000mi and I don't beat it to death, so with luck it will outlast me.....
Off to Europe next week - Corvette FAME in the Netherlands (Valkenburg). Hundreds of 'vettes from all over....almost as good as your shows in the States (Carlisle etc.) (Joking)
J.C.

there is a place in los angeles that will replace your engine with a rebuilt one for under 3 grand..if thats what you wanna do

there is a place in los angeles that will replace your engine with a rebuilt one for under 3 grand.

Could be kinda expensive ;seeing that he is in England
( country to right of USA)

maybe...maybe not...considering what ive heard about the uk
with the current exchange rate he could ship an engine over there or ship his car over here and move to los angeles....like everybody else does

he could ship an engine over there or ship his car over here and move to los angeles....like everybody else does

But then he would have all those crappy CA pollution laws and lose 100Hp;squint:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom