Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT1 straight pipe--how loud?

S

sothpaw

Thanks everyone who helped me on my earlier thread...

... I'm going to order the pipe or the mufflers today. I'm leaning toward the pipe, for max possible performance.

For those that have them on LT1's/4's: How loud is it inside/out side the car? Do you set off car alarms? Is it louder than a power effects wide open, on L98 or LT1?

I know it's not as loud as L98 would be, and with stock resonator, but before I order, I thought I'd ask...

The straight pipes took a little getting used to when I got mine. They're loud but not neighborhood watch loud. I can hear my car get on the main road 2 blocks away from my house. (normal acceleration)
It won't set off many alarms but sensitive ones can go off at idle in a garage. So it has a noticable rumble at idle.

It sounds great and the new noise might take some getting used to, but boy does it make the vette sound mean.

You won't be using your radio for a few weeks after you get them. :_rock

I have been running straight pipes from the cats back on my 94 LT1 for the past two years. At first I thought it may have been too loud, however you get used to it and to me and some other Vette owners, it produces a mid-year sound. You can here the Vette coming up the street but it doesn't bother anyone. I haven't set any car alarms off, but who cares? I love the sound.

I love the sound of mine, but it only took a week for me to dynamat the car after the pipes went on.

You can set off car alarms in parking garages while accellerating... inside you can hear them, but I don't get that nasty resonance unless I am in too high of a gear (like 40mph in 6th)

Lt193,

How are you doing? Nice to hear from you.

I ordered the elims., just waiting for arrival. I can't put the engine in too high of a gear anyway because this new cam will just not tolerate that. 6th gear is reserved for 55 mph and up, preferable 60mph. I used to be able to do 40 ish.

Nice to hear they won't be that loud. I figured, if they are, I'll just take them back off and sell them.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom