Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 at Work Today

1996 LT4 Topic
C

CAJUN C4

Such a Beautiful Day here in Mandeville,LA decided to take the Black Car.

You guys have a Daily Driver or a Weekend Worrior?

My ’96 was a daily driver for the first six years. After that, I bought a DD because my company located to downtown Columbus. I now park my DD in a pay lot. Before that, I had my own secured parking space... ah the good ’ol days.

No way in world would I park my LT4 in this downtown pay lot. :eek:hnoes

B17Crew
:w

Mine is more a weekend warrior, although I drive it when ever I can. NOT today though....it's been a nasty day...I guess I shouldn't complain we really needed the rain.

My LT4 is pretty much a weekend worrior too but the weather has been so nice in Colorado I have been taking it to work a couple of times a week just as a nice diversion. Unfortunately the weather can't hold for the whole winter!

Yes,I take mine on good days only.

He doesn't like rain.

Mine is a fair weather machine, no rain, no winters. I work from home, so if I have to hit the road then I take the Vette as long as the destination is fitting and I'm not carrying much stuff (C4 Verts don't exactly have a huge cargo area). Weekends are good for cruising if I don't have other plans. 2500-3000 miles per year...all dry.
RG

I have a 96CE that I use as a daily driver. I commute approximately 60 miles daily and enjoy every mile. I get an extra smile as I get to drive my vette everyday, because I am getting 25mpg+ which is better than most of the cars, vans, & trucks that I pass.

my LT4 is only a weekend car/sunny funmobile. taken to the dragstrip maybe ten times a year or so. on weekends im out cruising for races, but so far ive yet to find anyone willing to challenge the old C4

my daily driver is an 05' Sunfire 5speed. gets 26/36 mpg. boring but practical

I have a 96CE that I use as a daily driver. I commute approximately 60 miles daily and enjoy every mile. I get an extra smile as I get to drive my vette everyday, because I am getting 25mpg+ which is better than most of the cars, vans, & trucks that I pass.

I can relate to your smile. One finds himself taking the Long Way Home.

I'm SOOO Blessed to have a Vette much less two of them.

I am still driving mine every day this week. Just waiting for the snow to fly!

Check out my signature! :thumb

I AM STILL TRYING TO SAVE THE :w

You Know....I'm gonna make a big effort to drive mine morer and more.

I used to try and only drive him on weekends to keep the mileage down.

I've changed my thinking...This is such an awsome Car I really need to experince him as much as possible. I'm 59 yrs old and we all don't know when we will be called home. I love my 95' but she's not an LT4.

I guess my Grand kids will just have to inherit them with higher mileage...LOL

I'm 59 yrs old and we all don't know when we will be called home. I love my 95' but she's not an LT4.

Very true, enjoy the things you can while you can, nothing is guaranteed!

B17Crew

The LT4 engine was designed with the idea of a 200,000 mile life before teardown. I think the engineers missed. I think the LT4 engine can probably hit 300,000! :)

SAVE THE :w

I agree...especially with Mobile 1 in the crank case.

With such a simplistic engine, if taken care of, I’d lean towards the 300K mark on the LT4 as well. Every one of my GM cars has gone above and beyond what’s expected. I do take care of them though. ;)

B17Crew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom