Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Emblem

1996 LT4 Topic

LannyL81

Corvette
81 White/Cinnabar, 96 CE LT4 sil/blk
I want to add the LT4 emblem or decal on the rear bumper, right side. Ecklers use to carry them but have discontinued them now....anyone know where I can get one at?

Lanny
Tucson, AZ

LannyL81 said:
I want to add the LT4 emblem or decal on the rear bumper, right side. Ecklers use to carry them but have discontinued them now....anyone know where I can get one at?

Lanny
Tucson, AZ

Lanny, try www.ZIPCORVETTE.com .....in VA ...they have access to alot of C4 exterior oem stuff...web site gives you a 800#...try that if you don't find what you want in their web site!

I live 20 miles from Ecklers and I have been there often. I can tell you that they have little for C4's...let alone LT4's ...they feel the cars are to old to stock much anymore...but they have tons of stuff for C3's, C2's and older restoration type items! Don't let that distract you from finding C4 stuff elsewhere...
Good Luck!!

Stinger!!

Funny you should say that cuz I've been thinking of doing the same thing. After doing a bit of research (I wanted one and I wasn't giving up :L) I found that www.autoxtc.com (Tim @ 727-556-0335) is the place that all the vendors get the emblems from. They have the unpainted ones and are sitting on them until they can find another source to paint them. The original "emblem painter" is history. Right now I am using decals that I had custom made from Auto Trim of Muncie. They are cheap and they look pretty good. I call Autoxtc every 3 months or so & see if they've found a painter yet, but as of yet....no. I'm thinking of buying an unpainted one (or three) and having it painted by a place here locally. The actual emblems are raised and (because of that) have a more authentic look to them. If you want a cheap alternative contact Stacey Charles @ 570-546-8455 (Auto Trim of Muncie) & she'll make them for you w/ any color scheme you want. Tell her Jeff from Phx, AZ w/ the LT4 sent ya'. ;)

BTW...You can see my decals on my web page. I even have them on my hood (for now anyway) cuz I liked the look, and heck they're cheap, so I ordered like 10 of them. Actually the ones on my page are silver but the ones I have now are mirror chrome - she since has been able to make them for me in that & they look good & really accent the ss exhaust.
Jeff :w

JEFNLSA,

I ended up getting the hood LT4 decals off of ebay. Looks pretty good. If someone would tell me how to post a picture here I will post one. I still may get one from Stacy for the rear bumper though.

Thanks,
LannyL81
Tucson, AZ

Cool Lanny...

Wish I could help on the pic posting BUT it took an act of GOD (actually my sister helped but same thing :L ) to get my sig & web pics up. Would like to see what you found on ebay though, so hopefully you get her figured out. I've seen the ones that run the length of the hood riser that say LT1 but I've never seen any in LT4.Is that what you have? I just run the same rear sticker on both sides of the hood. If you didn't know better you'd think it was factory.

Jeff

Hood Graphics

I ended up getting these graphics for my CE. Let me know what you guys think.

Later,
LannyL81

(The graphics are on both sides of the hood, but I only show one side)

Cool! Kind of reminds me of the early ’70s LT-1s that had the engine designation on the raised center hood area.

B17Crew
:w

LannyL81 said:
I ended up getting these graphics for my CE. Let me know what you guys think.

Later,
LannyL81

(The graphics are on both sides of the hood, but I only show one side)

Lanny, I like the looks of those. Searched ebay but can't seem to find any more. Can you share the name of the guy or e-bay store where you purchased them. Thanks

You could do that, or paint in just the LT-4 portion using that decal as a stencil -- like so..

LT4avatar.jpg

TantricLT4 said:
You could do that, or paint in just the LT-4 portion using that decal as a stencil -- like so..

LT4avatar.jpg

Yeah, that's how mine look except they are chrome/silver. I like the look alot....kinda old style factory. Lanny's, which I like, would not look right on my black car IMO.

Hood Graphic Source

The ebay seller is 91zr1 or their ebay store is Decal Specialties. The hood graphics go for $24.95 + $6 shipping or so. Very easy to apply and also are removable.

I like these so much that I am going to get some for my '81 hood as well that just say CORVETTE.

The idea of using these decal as stencils and then using paint never occurred to me......and is a great idea. If someone just wants the LT4 instead of the entire strip...easy way to go. I like the stripe myself...breaks up the large plain hood a bit. Would really like to install some type of air vent as I have seen other do. Have not found a source for them yet, might just be from another car that C4 owners have installed.

Later,
LannyL81

JEFNLSA said:
Yeah, that's how mine look except they are chrome/silver. I like the look alot....kinda old style factory. Lanny's, which I like, would not look right on my black car IMO.

Jeff,
Although you can get these in just about any color...I was thinking red, but then not sure. Then I was thinking silver..or may be a chrome to match your wheels...but neither one really grabs me. Your car looks good the way it is.

Later,
LannyL81

LannyL81 said:
Jeff,
Although you can get these in just about any color...I was thinking red, but then not sure. Then I was thinking silver..or may be a chrome to match your wheels...but neither one really grabs me. Your car looks good the way it is.

Later,
LannyL81

Thx Lanny...:)

It's nice to see another AZ (LT4) 'vette owner sharing in the obsession. :beer
Jeff :w

LannyL81 said:

Lanny
Tucson, AZ
definitely try e-bay

6 Shooter said:
Is that white spot on the hood bird poo? ;shrug

Its actually a reflection of the light above. Rest assured, my baby is spotless.

corvette central

all kindsa colors

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom