Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Engine Temp

1996 LT4 Topic
A

all4c4lt4

Does anyone know the correct engine running temp for the LT4? My seems to run around 185 - 200 range or slightly more. This seems somewhat high to me. I have checked the coolant and hoses, and everything appears in check. The thermostat should still be stock, and the engine has 28,000 miles on it.

Thats normal for an LT4. Mine usually runs 195-200 when I'm crusing on the interstate. In heavy traffic, she will creap up to 230 or so. At this point I turn the heater on full blast and suck the heat off the engine. This cools the engine down pretty quick.

Jason

twiget said:
Thats normal for an LT4. Mine usually runs 195-200 when I'm crusing on the interstate. In heavy traffic, she will creap up to 230 or so. At this point I turn the heater on full blast and suck the heat off the engine. This cools the engine down pretty quick.

Jason

Jason,

is that technique something that guys would use on the street in terms of racing?

I've always wondered about that...

BullWinkle said:

Jason,

is that technique something that guys would use on the street in terms of racing?

I've always wondered about that...

I dont know if it is used or not. I know for drag racing, they like to ice the intake before a run to cool the engine down.

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom