Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Plug wires...

1996 LT4 Topic

B17Crew

Corvette
96 LT4 Polo Green/Light Beige Interior
Have any of you recently purchased the red LT4 specific plug wires for your LT4 (from the Chevy parts department)? If so, how much are they running and are they from ’96... and, exact matches to the OEM wires?

Not interested in aftermarket wires, only red OEM wires.

Thanks!
B17Crew
:w

LT4 plug wires

The replacement wires from Delco are red, but they are not numbered like the originals were. The Partsladi has them for about $115. Oh yeah, the ones they sent me were dated 3rd quarter of '95!
I ohmed the new ones, and they had MORE resistance than the old ones I took off!

The replacement wires from Delco are red, but they are not numbered like the originals were. The Partsladi has them for about $115. Oh yeah, the ones they sent me were dated 3rd quarter of '95!
I ohmed the new ones, and they had MORE resistance than the old ones I took off!

Thank you!

Their prices seem fair, I had not heard of The Parts Ladi before. The wires you purchased from The Parts Ladi, were they a dead match for the OEM wires, even the white printing on them?

Thanks!
B17Crew

The wires are red, and the boots are black, the two cylinders # 6 # 8, have straight boots on them, all the others are 90 degree boots. They fit perfectly when placed in the holders on the engine. They DO NOT have the cyl numbers on each wire, so you have to match them up according to length. They are in a Delco box, part # 748D. The GM part # is 12173591, but that # is probably superceded by now. Are you looking for original wires, with the plug location numbers on them?

Itshakes, great info, thank you!

Yes, I’m looking for a NOS OEM set. There are only a few things on the LT4 that are unique cosmetically compared to the LT1 and this is one of the things I want to have handy. I plan on "NCRSing" my LT4 at least one time.

Thanks for the photo of the plugs too.

B17Crew

LT4 plug wires

B17Crew--I saved my old set, and if you want, you can use them for judging. They ohm better than the new set I bought. Let me know when you are having your car judged, and you can borrow them. If you choose to put on that new Delco set, you will probably take a small deduction in points, because they are not numbered. If the judges are not "savvy" to the numbers being on the wires, you might get by.
Rock Auto in Madison Wisconsin has the Delco wires, but they are $138 + shipping. Just Google Rock Auto Parts and follow their instructions.

B17Crew--I saved my old set, and if you want, you can use them for judging. They ohm better than the new set I bought. Let me know when you are having your car judged, and you can borrow them. If you choose to put on that new Delco set, you will probably take a small deduction in points, because they are not numbered. If the judges are not "savvy" to the numbers being on the wires, you might get by.
Rock Auto in Madison Wisconsin has the Delco wires, but they are $138 + shipping. Just Google Rock Auto Parts and follow their instructions.

Thank you, Sir! I appreciate the offer! I have my original set too, I am hoping to find a NOS OEM set so that I can keep my ’96 original. I plan on keeping the car a long time (I’ve owned it since 1998). I’d hate to loose points, I want to get it right the first time!

I’m going to check out the Rock Auto Parts and see what I can find. I appreciate all your helpful information.

B17Crew

If you find replacements that are numbered, please post the info! I replaced mine when I replaced the opti. Cracked one boot just as I was finishing (sh-t!) couldn't find OEM's with the numbers but, I would imagine by the time it's 20 years old they'll be available.

Will do! I’m going to visit one of the local Chevy dealers after the holidays. Last time I stopped in this particular dealer, they had an air filter dated from 1995 I picked-up. I’m going to ask if they have any NOS LT4 wires in stock.

B17Crew

p.s. the link to your vid was awesome, way to have fun with that LT4!

If you the money to buy from the stealership, buy MSD wires at Autozone. They are $119 /set and you can buy them red or black

Those are both nice coupes you have there!

Thanks for the Autozone reference. At this time, I’m looking for the real deal (OEM) for NCRS judging. :thumb I’m going for Top Flight on my first try.

B17Crew

96 Vettes are up for NCRS? Cool!! I'd never qualify, I'm into mods :D

Hmm, the bad thing about LT4s is that came for one year only, Do delares offer that part num. ?

Judging for NCRS is still 1953 thru 1993 although I would expect that to change in the next few years to add a few newer Vettes. Now is a good time to be thinking about what your car would need if you choose to go that route. Gathering up NOS parts now will be easier than a couple of years down the road!

Man, I'm restoring my CE and the dealer/GM had discountinued few parts. If you are restoring your Vette to be 100%, where do you get discontinued parts or the judges allow you to have non-GM parts?

I have a New GM set of LT4 wires that have the cylinder #s on them.
New still in the clear plastic bag. I opened them up looked at them to
check to see if the #s were on them. My 96 LT4 Coupe is so far from stock now I will sell the wires to someone who wants to have a NCRS
inspection. I paid $150.00 for them last summer from a GS owner that sold his vette. B-17 crew if you are interested email me at labartay@charter.net $150.00 paypal and you pay UPS.

Louis

I have a New GM set of LT4 wires that have the cylinder #s on them.
New still in the clear plastic bag. I opened them up looked at them to
check to see if the #s were on them. My 96 LT4 Coupe is so far from stock now I will sell the wires to someone who wants to have a NCRS
inspection. I paid $150.00 for them last summer from a GS owner that sold his vette. B-17 crew if you are interested email me at labartay@charter.net $150.00 paypal and you pay UPS.

Louis

I thank you, but I was able to locate a new set!

B17Crew

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom