Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT5 question

• Thread starter Thread starter TheWhiteKnight
  • Start date Start date
T

TheWhiteKnight

Can someone please tell me where I can find some LT5 "anti-pump up" or "pump up resisitant" lifters?

Sorry guys, I'm competely new at the entire Corvette scene, so please bear with me. Also can you point me in the direction of exact measurements and specs of these engines? Short of me ordering a Helms manual for every engine, there has to be a place online that has this info. I know I carry Quad 4 / Twin Cam / Ecotec info on my site all the time. Thank you in advance for anything that you can help me with. It is all appreciated.

- Josh (TWK)

Ripp, that is almost what I am looking for. :D Thanks its a good starting base. I'm looking for the measurements on the LT5 lifter design. I'm a Quad 4 guy by trade and there is some rumor floating around that there is a lifter design that will not only fit the (I BELIEVE) LT5 but the Quad 4 as well. Does anyone have the diameter of the LT5 lifter?

Audi lifter is supposidly the same size. Measurements I have (not exact just eyeball measurement with ruler)

1 1/16" tall
1 3/8" diameter

TheWhiteKnight said:
Ripp, that is almost what I am looking for. :D Thanks its a good starting base. I'm looking for the measurements on the LT5 lifter design. I'm a Quad 4 guy by trade and there is some rumor floating around that there is a lifter design that will not only fit the (I BELIEVE) LT5 but the Quad 4 as well. Does anyone have the diameter of the LT5 lifter?

Not only are Quad 4 lifters and LT5 lifters the same dimension they are the same part.

There are no "anti-pump-up" lifters for LT5s but....why would you need them. They'll go to nearly 8000 rpm.

Hib Halverson said:
Not only are Quad 4 lifters and LT5 lifters the same dimension they are the same part.

There are no "anti-pump-up" lifters for LT5s but....why would you need them. They'll go to nearly 8000 rpm.

Well... I'm building a very high end drag racing Quad 4. Stock lifters for the LT5 / Quad 4 are good for almost 8K, but somewhere along the way they made anti-pump up lifters (maybe not GM). My Quad 4 I'm designing is going to turn 10K RPM.

I have a pair of solid profile camshafts, but I need solid lifters for it. I want to run the anti-pump up lifters in other Quad 4's that I build. Maybe not as high end as that but especially those that I build for my higher end performance crowd.

- Josh

There are no GM lifters for those engines that will go 10,000 rpm. During development of LT5 racing engines in the early 90s, Mercruiser built a couple of mechanical lifter engines but they were prototypes and adjusting the valve clearance was a bear of a job.

GM ran some racing programs back in the 90s in Showroom Stock with Q4s, however, the days of factory-supported race programs with that engine are long over. It's possible that the aftermarket may have made some Q4 solid lifters. Start Googling.

Actually, if you're building a very high-end, drag racing 4-cyl for a Grand Am, unless rules require you using the original engine, I'd swap out the Quad 4 for the Ecotec 4. GM has done a freakin' ton of racing development with that engine in the last few years. There is a lot of factory and aftermarket support for it. They'll make upwards of 800 hp with a turbo and are cleaning up in Sport Compact drag racing.

Jeffvette said:
Audi lifter is supposidly the same size. Measurements I have (not exact just eyeball measurement with ruler)

1 1/16" tall
1 3/8" diameter

I just need to know the year and make of the Audi. :) I believe SOMEONE said it was an A8 lifter, but I'm not sure. Any takers on this?

Hib Halverson said:
There are no GM lifters for those engines that will go 10,000 rpm. During development of LT5 racing engines in the early 90s, Mercruiser built a couple of mechanical lifter engines but they were prototypes and adjusting the valve clearance was a bear of a job.

GM ran some racing programs back in the 90s in Showroom Stock with Q4s, however, the days of factory-supported race programs with that engine are long over. It's possible that the aftermarket may have made some Q4 solid lifters. Start Googling.

Actually, if you're building a very high-end, drag racing 4-cyl for a Grand Am, unless rules require you using the original engine, I'd swap out the Quad 4 for the Ecotec 4. GM has done a freakin' ton of racing development with that engine in the last few years. There is a lot of factory and aftermarket support for it. They'll make upwards of 800 hp with a turbo and are cleaning up in Sport Compact drag racing.

The lifter that is solid comes out of a Nissan 1974 engine, I figured that one out, now I just need to figure out the anti-pump up lifter out. LOL. Thanks again everyone!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom