Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LTPWS Sensors!!!!

SPEEDEMON

Corvette
Ex 1995 ZR-1 Aqua/Blk #389, 2010 ZR1 JSB/Blk #1549
Hello
I need to know if the Low Tire Warning Sensors are interchangable with all the years of the ZR-1's and were they all the same through out all of the ZR-1's. I have a 95 and was just wondering if the 91's are the same. I would appreciate it if someone could supply me with the info.

Thanks

Art,
It appears the 91's are different from the 95's. :(

Here's the P/N's I found for both types:

89 - 92
RF (blue) - 10098494
LF (green) - 10098495
RR (orange) - 10098496
LR (yellow) - 10098497

93 - 96
LR -10161854
RF -10161855
LF - 10161856
RR - 10161857

Steel Half-Shafts

Thanks for the info. I was needing to know because I may be buying a set of used 5 spoke ZR-1 wheels and tire which they were used on a 91. I wasn't sure if they work. I would love to get rid them, but they I would have to deal with the dam light on the panel. I heard there's no way to eliminate that unless you pull the bulb, am I correct?

Thanks

SPEEDEMON,
Unfortunately, I believe your right on having to deal with the light if you pull all the LTPWS wheel sensors on the 93 - 96 MY's.

You will have to pull the bulb or I've even seen a small piece of black tape stuck over the warning light. :(

However, I understand if you pull all the LTPWS wheel sensors on the 90 -92 MY's, the light won't come on because of programming differences in the LOW TIRE PRESS IND MODULE system. :)

Steel Half-Shafts said:
However, I understand if you pull all the LTPWS wheel sensors on the 90 -92 MY's, the light won't come on because of programming differences in the SIR/DERM system. :)

Gordy, that's some interesting info. I'd like to yank mine off the car but was wondering if I'd have to pull the bulb or not. Thanks for the info :)

Jay

Jeff

What year is your vehicle? I was just wondering if your is a late model or is it a early model. I also read somewhere that on the later models when you remove the sensors that within 200 miles you'll get some type of an error code. Can't remember where I read this. I don't know if you guys heard of this?

SPEEDEMON,
I remember seeing a thread on the ZR1Net on just that fact.

that on the later models when you remove the sensors that within 200 miles you'll get some type of an error code
Seems that only happens from MY '93 and up, when the Wheel Sensors are removed. This Code is what triggers the LTPWS Warning Light.

No way I know of to prevent it, as least so far. :(
You can always pull the bulb, the Code will still be there but harmless!

mine is an early build, number 220. My sensors are still on the rims, and every now and then, especially on spririted drives the sensor would go off. So I just yanked the SLTPWS bulb out

I have a 90 and I took all my sensors off the wheels. The light never comes on.
For the 93-95 I'm not sure if this is possible but... couldn't you reprogram the ECM to eliminate the light?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom