Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

lubing speedo cable 1965 conv.

corvette boy

Corvette
1965 conv
was wondering if anyone has lubed the speedo cable with one of those screw on units with the grease nipple on the end, I'm hoping to lube it thru the trans end as it would be easier then trying to get it off the speedo end, what type of grease? and how do you know when there's enough as I don't want to fill the back of the speedo, or my next post will be about buying a new speedo !!! thanks

I've never used one. I'm like you: when do you stop pumping the grease? Laying on your back under the dash isn't fun but it really isn't too hard to unscrew the top end of the cable and pull it down to where you an pull out the shaft for lubing with a quality Graphite lube.

Tom

I've never used one. I'm like you: when do you stop pumping the grease? Laying on your back under the dash isn't fun but it really isn't too hard to unscrew the top end of the cable and pull it down to where you an pull out the shaft for lubing with a quality Graphite lube.

Tom
Tom, I just received the piece from a corvette supply house that is a aluminum plug that has male threads that match the trans end female end with a grease nipple on the end of it, directions say to use a normal hand pump grease gun, one pump fills the little tool, after that one pump for every foot of cable with lithium or a thin grease. Will be trying it today and will let you know how I make out.

I have used lithium before with good results.

Tom

I am having a problem with my speedo becoming disengaged, I have a manual 4 spd trans after having some problems last year my speedo didn't work but it engages when I am going really fast. I got it up on a lift and now I need to order the parts to repair. has anyone had this type of issue before?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom