Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

luggage holder

Corvette
2001 navy 'vert
Just wondering if anybody knows of some sort of a nice looking trunk, bag, or some such thing that would strap onto the luggage rack of my 93 to carry our bags on longer trips?? We all know there's not much room in the back when the top is down.....

thanks!!
Rod

MidAmerica used to show a suitcase in their catalog for about $500. Don't see it displayed anymore (probably, because they didn't sell many). We get by using garment bags and other collapsible-type bags.

Ya...but do they keep things dry?? I guess I should invent a nice looking fabric bag like ''mats.com'' sells, only half the size...Now we put our bags on the luggage rack, but when we stop somewhere, we usually put the top up and stow our gear inside, pain in the a**.

ness said:
Ya...but do they keep things dry?

Dry? If there is a forecast of rain, the vette stays home. My vette doesn't venture out with the top 'up'. The collapsible bags are placed inside, not on the rack.

I wish I could predict the weather...the last two summers we put 7000 miles per summer on the car, so we cant always depend on nice weather when we're 1000 miles from home. I'll keep on a lookin, somebody must make sumpthin.

ness said:
...the last two summers we put 7000 miles per summer on the car

We definitely have different travel situations. I live on the water, Monterey Bay, so summers are spent at home. You might ask MidAmerica about the luggage they used to have in there catalog. It was especially designed for the rack, light weight (carbon fiber), aerodynamic, with easy access.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom