Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Luigi, I thought I would pass this along...

*89x2*

Hope this helps w/ your decision :cool :beer

House of Kolor Base Colors

Actual colors will vary depending on your monitor. Please use this for reference only.

To view full House of Kolor line click here House of Kolor

hok-pg1a.jpg
hok-pg2a.jpg
hok-pg3a.jpg
hok-pg4a.jpg

Close...

But my color would be:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW ICE PEARL KOLOR - ICE TURQUOISE (IP07)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since their release, Ice Pearls have been a widely popular House of Kolor product. Ice Pearl glass flakes are coated with special pigments that go beyond traditional pearls in brightness of color, transparency, and reflectivity. First released in six dazzling kolors, Ice Turquoise is a fantastic addition to this line. Ice Turquoise will be a helpful tool in assisting with the creation of "one of a kind" custom finishes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ICE PEARLS (IP)
The Ice Pearl flakes are available as easy dispersing powders that are intended for use in our SG100 Intercoat Clear for an easy to apply effect. They can also be added to other Shimrin® products, such as Marblizer®, to create dazzling effects and exciting new colors.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
http://www.houseofkolor.com/hok/news/IceTurquoise.jsp

IP07.jpg

-Luigi
:cool

Just some heads up when using Pearl. Make sure to make some samples. Pearl can totally change the tone and apprearance of the color with just a few drops in the mix. I learned that the hard way along time ago. You don't really know the full effects till you see it in full sun light, or at night, under different types of lighting.

I looked into these House of Kolor paint colors, and I didn't find anything I liked. I found the same color charts last week that you posted Chris, and the Medium and Lite Teal both looked good to me on my monitor. However, I found someone who had their car painted one of the two colors (he couldn't remember which one) several years ago, and I don't like it at all (it isn't what I am wanting):
P1010096.jpg

I think I am going to have to stick to my original plan and have a 95% Nassau Blue and 5% Mystic Teal mix created.

This is Nassau Blue:
DSC02964.jpg

This is Mystic Teal:
43f7_12.JPG

This is what my end-result goal is to look like:
98NassauBlue_Left_Rear.jpg

(yes, I know this is just nassau blue in an unusual lighting condition, but it represents what I want)

Luigi-- That's a cool color! I bet it would look great next to your CR1!

My lack of paying attention to Corvettes may be making me look stupid... What do you call the type of Callaway Corvette Luigi has? I thought it was a CR1? Is it just called a Twin Turbo Corvette? B2K?

My lack of paying attention to Corvettes may be making me look stupid... What do you call the type of Callaway Corvette Luigi has? I thought it was a CR1? Is it just called a Twin Turbo Corvette? B2K?

stay focused Brangeta :D
now you finished school it does not mean you can sit back and relax.:L

CR1 is the ZR1 corvette with SNAT package
CL1 is the LT1 corvette with SNAT package
B2K is the L98 corvette with Twin Turbo

:upthumbs

I feel dumb now! I better start hitting the books! ... the Callaway Owners Group books!
dunce.png

I could see a Speedster painted this color with a yellow interior!!! :D :D

Majestic.jpg

of course I like this one too. Very Hyperblack looking....at tad more subtle as well :L
Krome.jpg

Have a long time shop owner friend that paints cars for a Ferrari Team that races at LeMans. When I was at shop the other day he was showing me the Hyper Black and how impressed he was with it. Intends to do a car in that color. He has the House of Colors simulation software for showing what cars will look like in differant colors. Cool Stuff!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom