Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lumbar air pump

DanC

Corvette
1993 Ruby Red Coupe
I just repaired both lumbar air pumps on my 93 coupe using the bicycle tube fix as described in the tech archives.

Does anyone have any long term experience with this repair? It seems the motor is working very hard to move the much heavier bicycle tube diaphragm as compared to the original much lighter diaphragm. I'm concerned with overloading the motor and turning it into toast.

I also have an email in to Jasco Products, the manufacturer of the pump, looking for a diaphragm repair kit. Anyone had any luck with obtaining one?

Thanks in advance. This site is fantastic.

Dan,

Try going back to a smaller tube at a local hardware store, no need toasting the pump for free air.

jeff

Dan,

Try going back to a smaller tube at a local hardware store, no need toasting the pump for free air.

jeff

I've been unsuccessful in trying to locate Jasco Products, the manufacturer of the lumbar pump, to get repair kits.

Web listing (www.jascoproducts.com) comes up with nothing, and a www.switchboard.com search also comes up with nothing.

Anyone know how to contact this company or if they're still in business?

Thanks

I think you may have the company name wrong. Check Jabsco at www.jabsco.com, they are an automotive and marine supplier and make pumps. Good luck!

RRHayden,

That did it. Thanks for the advice. The link in the technical archive article is incorrect. Can it be fixed to help the next guy?

Thanks again and Happy Birthday!
Dan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom