Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary lumbar controls

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

fay31

Corvette
1993 40th Anniversary Coupe
Am I an idiot? A friend is letting me borrow his 40th corvette. The problem is I can't seem to adjust the lumbar controls on either seat. The driver's seat is closed tight too, and I can't get it to open, it hurts. The passenger side doesn't seem to adjust either. The other seat adjustments work fine. Any suggestions?

Maybe it's broke?

Lumbar

I might be wrong but I thought lumbar was lower back,these are the little round buttons and toggle at the rt ft of the seat. They control the bladders in the seat back at bottom.
Are you talking about the wings / side support on the sides at the bottom of seat back. They are controlled by a switch out of sight on the front of the seat (feel for it).
Am I right about this ?????

Yes you are kenmack! The side "wing" supports are controlled by a switch on the front left of the drivers seat. Toggled one way fills them up and toggled the other way releases them.

Bingo

I guess it was uncomfortable, I'm a small guy and they can pinch me.
When I got my car I found them (switches) in the owner's manual before I found them in the car.:w

trying to replace the seat tracks to the anniversary seats, I got the older tracks and the plugs dont fit, is there anybody who knows which wires go to what and if this is possible?

The side "wings" are called bolsters and they move in and out by the switch under your right leg on the seat. These are to plant you firmly in the seat. the motors tend to go south over time and are very expensive. Maybe they could be turned by hand to your liking and let at that. Not sure I never tried it.

The side "wings" are called bolsters and they move in and out by the switch under your right leg on the seat. These are to plant you firmly in the seat. The motors tend to go south over time and are very expensive. Maybe they could be turned by hand to your liking and let at that. Not sure I never tried it.

I don't think it's the motors that quit so much, as I believe that it is the little rubber diaphragms in the pump that get holes in them and they don't pump air to the bladders in the seats. which is a relatively easy repair (as I understand it, I've not had to do this on my seats).

I don't think it's the motors that quit so much, as I believe that it is the little rubber diaphragms in the pump that get holes in them and they don't pump air to the bladders in the seats. which is a relatively easy repair (as I understand it, I've not had to do this on my seats).

Tom, He is talking about the side bolsters that move in and out to firm you in the seat. They run off an electric motor. The pump is for the lumbar air supply which is in fact a little diaphram air pump. The diaphrams do dry rot over years and won't pump any more. These pumps are expensive but yes they can be repaired easily. I used a piece of an old female "diaphram" :cool for a new diaphram cut to fit and it has lasted for 3 years now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom