Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lumbar pump???

tls630

Corvette
69 roadster 88roadster
I have an 88 with sport seats. I have found the thread explaining the Bladder replacement.But before I start on that I have a question? I do not hear the pump run when I hit the switch.Even if the bladders are blown shouldn't I be able to hear the bladder? Thanks in advance for the help.

Lumbar support pump

My '95 Corvette does not have lumbar support but my '96 Blazer does.
The pump makes no noise whatsoever - but my ears are old.
Seriously, try holding the pump to see if you can feel it operate and find its fuse for a check.
Hope this helps.

should hear the pump run in the vette, unless you have the jukebox set at full volume, or the batteries are dead in your hearing aid.

pump diaphram failures are very common, less often the bladders harden and disintegrate in hot environments (''southern'' cars are most affected, but ''northern'' cars that sit in the hot summer sun with windows up get fried too) --if you find little cloudy chunks of plastic on the carpet behind your seats, that was the bladder.

if you hear the pump ''click'' but not buzz, it's diaphram time...cut a 1-1/4 inch o/d circle with a 1/8inch hole in the center from the smooth upper cuff of a good quality latex dishwashing glove (seems like the ''yellow'' ones are best) and install it in place of what was left of the original...nothing critical here, just observe how things come apart, reverse procedure to reassemble...and the ''latex glove'' diaphrams last much, much longer than oem ones.

Speed where is the pump located? Can I get to it by taking the bottom cushion? thanks in advance for the help.By the way I do not hear anything when I hit the switch!:)

pump for each seat is accessed by removing the bottom cushion of the respective seat...the pump is held to the seat frame by (3) small hex head bolts that are easily removed by reaching under the seat frame w/ 8mm or 5/16 socket on 1/4'' drive rachet...tag the (3) hoses with different color paint dots before unhooking from the pump (i use model car paint from the toy dept at walfart, fast dry, 1.07 for tiny bottle and a paper match for a brush)

Speed thank you for your help. I am taking her out for a work out today but I plan on tackling this problem soon.I do hear a click when I hit the button, but that is it, no other sounds or lumbar movement.. Thanks again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom