Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

M12x1.5 Stainless steel female threaded lug guide tool - Made in USA

Fred@ReverseLogic

Last year, Reverse Logic introduced a female threaded lug guide tool with an M12x1.25 thread. This is the thread size used on Nissan GT-R and 370Z cars. At the request of some C7 owners with ceramic rotors, we just started offering the same tool with an M12x1.5 thread which fits Corvette wheel studs. The tools effectively extend the length of two or three studs while installing or removing wheels. Using the tools helps prevent damage to the calipers and rotors.

The nominal diameter of the tool at the threaded end is 14mm. As it turns out the holes in automotive wheels are a nominal 15mm for cars with both M12 and M14 studs. In the case of the Corvette wheels the hole is > 15mm.

This type of tool is feasible for cars with M12 or 1/2" x 20 studes. There is unlikely to be enough clearance for the tool on a car with M14 studs.

M12x1.5 stainless steel female threaded lug guide tool.

M12x1.5F-SS.png

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, Fred!

The guide tools wind on finger-tight, simple as that? How cool!!

Mac

Neat idea!
If you ever have a special sale where the lug guides come with a free ZR1, I'm in for a set! :L

The new lug guide tool has been very popular with Corvette owners. I have has some requests for tools that will fit M14x1.5 studs (i.e. Camaro) and 1/2" - 20 studs (i.e. Mustang). It's not very easy to obtain specs for the lug hole diameter in various wheels.

Neat idea!
If you ever have a special sale where the lug guides come with a free ZR1, I'm in for a set! :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom