Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Magic Epoxy Steel

jjmish

Corvette
57, 61, 63
I have used Magic Epoxy Steel for years to glue fiberglass panels and front ends. My distributor no longer carries this brand. Does anyone else use this particular brand and know of source? I wonder if this product is available in Canada? It comes in quart cans with a black and orange label, the resin and hardener are black and white.

Thanks,
Joe

Did you check with the manufacturer for a distributor in your area or a mail order source?

Tom

Magic Epoxy Steel

epoxy steel

That's the first thing I did.
Received a reply from a guy named. Yousef, in Karachi, Pakistan who said it is no longer distributed in the US. You'd think in this day of global marketing the guy would have sold me a couple of cans through whatever country it is now distributed in.
I am now looking for a stash that some store might have not yet sold.

jjmish said:
That's the first thing I did.
Received a reply from a guy named. Yousef, in Karachi, Pakistan who said it is no longer distributed in the US. You'd think in this day of global marketing the guy would have sold me a couple of cans through whatever country it is now distributed in.
I am now looking for a stash that some store might have not yet sold.

Hmmmm...if it's not legally available in the US, I think I'd just stay away from it. I know the Feds tend to overreact but you may just want to find an alternative to this stuff before your liver function tests tell you that you made a BIT of a mistake ;squint:

epoxy steel

No one said anything about it being illegal to sell in the US.

So in other words you don't have an answer to my question?

Use what the factory used

You would like an answer to your question, well why not use what the factory used. ?

You might want to consider using the correct product for assembling your fiberglass Corvette. It's called " Bonding Adhesive " and it was the product that was originally used by the manufacturer to glue, or or should I say bond your Corvette together.

I have used examples of this product from just about all the different manufacturers, and the very best I have found in 25 years is made by " Axson " They can be reached here http://www.axson-na.com/.

The best to use is their " APF-4 " which is gray in color, but if you also want the correct shade, they also have " APF -7 " which is black.

Just my 0.02 cents

Stepinwolf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom