Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: magnaflow exhaust system. yes? or no

my crisis cure

Corvette
2001 triple blk. Z51, HUD
Hi guy,s. The missus gave a (somewhat) blank check for one mechanical upgrade this month and I found this link on Ebay the 16732 system from Magnaflow.The price is right, but I'd like some opinions from those here who may have had experience with these pipes. As always, any and all info is greatly appreciated. Many thanks and Happy New Year Chris

I very much like the Magnaflow product line.

Others will have other opinions.

I have been running their exhaust systems on my vehicles for years.

"Sound" is a very personal choice. Make sure you hear a video with the system you like.

Good Luck!

SAVE the WAVE! :w

is she putting it on for you ?:rotfl

never heard anything bad about magnaflow

I prefer the Corsa as well. Magnaflow systems have a reputation of having the dreaded "drone" at certain RPM ranges that will drive you right up the wall. Corsa have no drone at any RPM......Just my opinion.

Magnaflow

I have one on my 2003 and there is a drone.

The drone occurs at low rpm, around 1400-1500, which is around 50-55 mph in my car. I should mention that my car is a convertible, and I have one of those foam trunk separaters, which cuts down on the interior noise.

It's not awful, but if it gets too much I just downshift out of OD (mines an A4) which brings the engine rpm up around 400-500 rpm and the drone goes away.

Ken Edney
Chandler, AZ

I prefer the Corsa as well. Magnaflow systems have a reputation of having the dreaded "drone" at certain RPM ranges that will drive you right up the wall. Corsa have no drone at any RPM......Just my opinion.

+1 :lou

Well, I can say that Corsa out sells the others by a ton. Last year at Carlisle Show Corsa had a huge pile of old systems, had to be 10 times bigger than Magnaflow and Borla.

That many people cant be wrong when it comes to a good system.

GHL makes the best C5 system IMHO. Great sound, good power.

I have a Magnaflow system behind Watson headers on my 92 ZR-1. No drone at the dreaded 1600rpm range. I can speak with the passenger.
And yet I made ~400rwhp with a stock LT-5 with only ported top end and headers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom