Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Magnaflow -vs-Flowmaster-vs-DynoMax

twamd80driver

Corvette
1976 L-82 4-Speed
Given:

1976 L-82 4 speed
True Dual Stainless Exhausts 2.5"

No Other Modifications except I am getting rid of the two cats and putting strait pipes in.

Which Muffler? Webber Racing is telling me the Magnaflow 11226 Universal? I want a good sound, but not too loud, and a good breather....Can anyone shed some light on this choice?
Thanks in advance!

I tried MagnaFlows and I hated it. Too quiet not much over stock.... I say go with Flowmasters or no mufflers at all... Just my 2cents

Kyle

I put on dynomax with blackjack headers. Nice rumble at idle but they are a bit more quiet than I wanted, however the HP increase over stock is remarkable. The sound was described to me by a friend as I blew past him at full throttle as being "throaty". I dont mind as I like the sound of the Holley wide open anyway. Good luck

I have Flowmasters with factory tips out the back...looks and sounds great.
I did my carpet and added underlayments trying to block out some of the heat from my headers.The heat still finds its way in, just takes longer....but the added benifit is sound proofing.It makes the flowmasters very quiet in the cab when im at highway speeds.
Good Luck, Chas

I have Flowmaster Delta 40's on my 427... they sound great. Not too loud either. I think the Delta 50's would be way too loud.

I'm happy with the Magnaflows. Would not want it to be too much louder on long drives. MUCH better than stock.

I have Magnaflows with thorley headers. This set up is reasonably quiet until you put your foot in it, step in it hard and it's LOUD and MEAN! I was pulled over by a cop that wanted to know what set up I had in the car so he could make his Vette sound like mine (he also gave me a slow it down warning).

I have a '69 so the only Cats on my car are stuck to the tires. (Hmmm, that explains that squealing I've been hearing).

Heya TWA.....I have flowmaster 40s on my 73.....you should come out and hear it in person I live in Elyria.... Weber built my motor....

:upthumbs I just put new ones on mine and I love the sound....I used Flowmaters #40.

I've had Flowmasters, the sound great. They just put to much noise into the interior for me. I like the way the Magnaflow directs the sound out the back and the MF has much less drone at hwy speeds.

Eitherway the car will sound much better than stock.

I have Flowmaster Delta 40's on my 427... they sound great. Not too loud either. I think the Delta 50's would be way too loud.

The Flowmaster Delta 50's are not bad at idle; actually they sound awesome along with my Blackjack headers too. They will get a little loud at certain hwy speeds; but then again...... that was a good excuse to buy a new stereo and speakers upgrade :D I had Magna Flows I bought from Evolution1980 (Andre) and they were just too quiet. Go with the Flows.

......... nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom