Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Man buys himself a Corvette, crashes it into a power pole

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Man buys himself a Corvette, crashes it into a power pole

By KATU.com Staff
Published: May 22, 2013 at 6:46 AM PDT

attachment.php

Ethan Cross was cited for reckless driving after crashing a Corvette he had just purchased.
Photo courtesy of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office.

BORING, Ore. - A man who just bought a 1989 Chevrolet Corvette ended up crashing it into a power pole and knocking out electricity to folks in Boring.

The crash happened just after 9 p.m. Tuesday at Southeast Bakers Ferry Road and Highway 224.

The driver, 42-year-old Ethan Cross of Battle Ground, Washington, was not hurt, but he couldn't get out of the vehicle for more than an hour because of fallen power lines.

Full Story: Man buys himself a Corvette, crashes it into a power pole | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

Attachments

• 130522_corvette_660.jpg
    130522_corvette_660.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 223
Definitely NOT an '89.....
Too bad about what happened though..............
Andy :w

The guy ran off the road, hit a pole and knocked out the power to BORING, OR........really? You can't make up stuff like that.;LOL;LOL;LOL

As Peter Parker likes to say "With great power, there must also come great responsibility!"

-Mac

Maybe a 98......instead of an 89.......it was not a Boring story.....must have had the nannies off.........:ugh

Maybe a 98......instead of an 89.......it was not a Boring story.....must have had the nannies off.........:ugh

Exactly what I was thinking - that's a C5!

Maybe the reporter is dyslexic.

Man buys himself a Corvette, crashes it into a power pole

By KATU.com Staff
Published: May 22, 2013 at 6:46 AM PDT

attachment.php

Ethan Cross was cited for reckless driving after crashing a Corvette he had just purchased.
Photo courtesy of the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office.

BORING, Ore. - A man who just bought a 1989 Chevrolet Corvette ended up crashing it into a power pole and knocking out electricity to folks in Boring.

The crash happened just after 9 p.m. Tuesday at Southeast Bakers Ferry Road and Highway 224.

The driver, 42-year-old Ethan Cross of Battle Ground, Washington, was not hurt, but he couldn't get out of the vehicle for more than an hour because of fallen power lines.

Full Story: Man buys himself a Corvette, crashes it into a power pole | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon
I'll bet he felt cool in his new Corvette until he hit the pole , then felt as stupid as he really is. They should pass a law that you have to be 60 years old to own a corvette. :bash

Let's see....hummmmm.....if no power, no tv, no internet, no A-C, no lights, not doing stuff that requires light....damn, really boring!

I don't think age has anything to do with it, it has to do with maturity level. Some people never grow up! :D

I'll bet it wasn't a boring night in Boring, Ore. :L

:chuckle

Actually, I think it got worse. :ugh

No power meant no TV, no lights, and no anything else that needed electricity. :W

Seems like a whole lot of people depended on that one set of lines. :L

And... it got really BORING. ;LOL:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom