Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Master Cylinder "Issues"

72LT-ONE

Corvette
1972 Sunflower LT-1
Hey Guys/Gals What's Up?
Just finished rebuilding the front suspension on my '72 and came across a rather perplexing problem. After reinstalling the calipers the brakes now go to the floor???? I did not disconnect the calipers from the vehicle, I used a "C" clamp to ease the pistons back into the calipers. Is it possible to rupture a seal in the master cylinder if I forgot to remove the cover when performing this task? That's the only thing I can think of. I distinctly remember removing the cover and withdrawing about 3/4" of fluid from the resevior, but I cannot remember if I replaced the cover. I know if I removed to much fluid that I would have to bleed the MC so I was pretty careful not to place myself in that situation. What else could I have done? I know things go bad just sitting in the garage....but this is to coincidental.

Thanks in advance...

Michael

Top off master cylinder and pump the breaks 4 or 5 times and top off again!! May have to do it 2 or more times!! That should fix it!! This would be normal!! You have to fill the excess space for 8 pistons from retracted to where the pads contact the Rotors!!:upthumbs :lou :lou :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom