Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Max LT4 Horse Power

1996 LT4 Topic
Remember , those LPE engines are warrantied and emmissions legal. They are VERY expensive but are very well constructed. They are, however relatively mild and streetable. I have seen several well built 396 LT-4's that made 460-500+ rwhp with more aggressive solid roller cams , long tube headers and no cats (all UNLIKE LPE's very street oriented offerings), that would equate to 530-70+ hp . There are reputable engine builders that can do it for much less than LPE's cost as well.

BUT, with LPE you are getting a proven , warrantied, emission legal product by THE most renowned shop in the country for Corvette Performance.....and that costs $$. :)

Hondo said:
Edmond,
I already suggested that. Our wifes are up in arms over this, so we have to do it without them knowing one of these days.
Like you, I think my LT4 is a great engine, but wouldn't mind adding a few more ponies.

Skip LPE's expensive stuff, and port your own heads and intake ($1300, 300), exhaust (Corsa $900), 4.10 gears (~$800 installed), LT4 Hot Cam ($300), and a custome dyno program (~$400). You should be around ~375+ rwhp and if done by a respectable shop, or yourself, no problems. For under $5,000 you have alot of car.

You will be smiling long after the bill has been paid! LPE is not cheap but is worth every penny!

11.98 @ 113
That was with drag radials in 96
383 Dyno'd at LPE 452HP and 509ft.lb engine

It is now a 385
LPE chassis dyno 364 and 422 at the rear wheels in 99

Only a few more mods since.
With no traction and Street tires.. 12.7@115 now

Need to get another set of wheels and drag radials!

Those are pretty good numbers AlHale!

What has been done to yours? Did you have it done or did you buy the car already Lingenfeltered?

Bought it that way and fixed her up a bit.
She was set up for autocross...hence the low HP and high torque numbers. LPE 385, superram, LT4 heads, and lots of other goodies like alcon brakes,Z07,lowered, roll bar, GS wheels and flares.

you have to remember alot of these cars with high HP ratings aren't geared as low as the vettes in the tranny's. luxury vs. performance hp is totally different....lol that 300 hp from the beemer M3 sounds impressive but 1/4 mile times don't lie. with that weight and hp it should run low 13's but more like low 14's maybe high 13's due to gearing. it would be interesting to see how it ran though.

local guy has 382 RWHP with LT4 on a dynojet dyno. He has hot cam, CNC'd heads shaved .30, long tubes, cross over, no cats or exhaust, ed wright programming, 52mm TB and SLP 3-intake. He had around 300 stock.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom