Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Maybe, just maybe.....

Chrisr said:
Warren, I was thinking along those same lines with the remaining warranty. I think the money I save by not buying the extended warranty would be better suited on a car cover and other goodies for the vette!!!

While this is true, if you're taking out a loan (GM) through this dealership, you could just roll the extended warranty into your payments. If you decide you want the extended warranty later, you'll probably have to pay in full.

extended warranty advice

Patrick is correct. In the "for what it is worth dept", I would advise negotiting a GM protection plan warranty for what ever period you think fits your particular situation. For example: If you plan to keep the car for an extended period of time and to limit the miles, you may want to negotiate a warranty with a higher mileage expiration date. The GMPP is an excellent warranty and doesn't have nearly the exclusions and hassles that after-market warranties seem to have. Just my 2 cents!

Ron

I'm going to the dealer tonight and do the negotiatiing thing! I'll see what I can do with the warranty. Right now, I plan on keeping the car at least 3-4 years, so I guess a 3 year warranty would be feasable?? That is, as long as I can afford something like that.

Good luck, Chris. I'll be looking forward to reading about your negotiations/purchase in the morning!

Buyers Remorse

Hey Chris,

Buying any Corvette is a good decision. Torch red is an awesome color. You will love the targa top. I have a Mil Yel Vert and love my car but it was significantly more expensive than the targa option. Surprisingly I did not have buyer’s remorse. It would behoove you however to hold off purchasing this vette till you have let more c6 verts role out. I would also recommend broadening your search. If you do purchase today don’t look back just enjoy it.

I strongly recommend getting the GMPP warranty, mine has been well worth the price, although I heard warranty prices went up steeply recently. There is a dealer in Montana that deals on the price of warranty, regardless of where you bought the car. I'd look into it, although as mentioned, buying it at the dealer they can finance the price. The cars are really well built, it's just parts and labor are so expensive. I'm very fortunate to live near a great Chevrolet dealer, hope your dealer is as good. Good luck with Corvette.
Bruce

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom