Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Meguiars "Scratch-X" , swirl remover

fastglass95

Corvette
1996 LT4 coupe + 2004 Z06 Z16
Has anybody tried this stuff? Meguiars "Scratch-X" small scratch and swirl remover made for use by hand, not orbital buffers.

Looks interesting, maybe slightly more abrasive than the 3M swirl remover, or the Meguiars #9 swirl remover, I don't know?

Anybody tried it?

I have not heard of it, but I would be interested in it as well. I have some swirl marks I need to get rid of.

Beau

Scratch-X

I have purchased some at Wal-Mart store just a few days ago and did my whole 1980 with it ( Laquer paint, no clear-coat ) Works good. Took off a little more oxidised paint than Meguirars #9 swirl remover.

Did not remove all swirl marks, but did take out light ones.
I preferred the Meguirars #9 swirl remover over the "Scratch-X"
Much easier to remove after application.

Side by side comparisions between the two showed no differnce to my eyes. Both cleaned up the paint surface real well to prepare for a coat of Carnuba Wax of your choice (sorry, no Zaino on my laquered paint :t )

Maybe next time I'll compare 3M swirl remover, or even Zaino :eyerole

Results from Meguirars "Scratch-X"

Was in a local car show on Sunday the 20th of May and took 2nd place in the Corvette class for 1968 to 1993 model years had total of 15 Vettes entered, 12 in my class and 3 in 1967 and earlier.

They liked the finish on the car. Does not look like 21 year old paint! I belive this made the differnce between a trophy, and just going home after a fun day. :cool

Tom,

I just saw an ad for this stuff today as well as an ad for another new Meguiars product. I'll be picking them up this weekend and testing them on my truck....yes....the Ford. :D :D :D LOL The truck is my testbed before anything touches the Vette. :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom