Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Memory Seat Issue

UncleBuck

Corvette
2004 LeMans Commemorative Convertible
When I put either key in the seat sometimes goes to the memory position but more often than not I need to push the memory button to get it to position. No codes show up. Any ideas?

Answer Found

Looked at similar threads and found the answer. Thanks Tuna! This is a great site!

I have the same issue at times?? The answer is?:confused

I have the same issue at times?? The answer is?:confused
I suspect this is the answer referred to above:

Tuna said:
The memory fuction has to know who put the key in the car - it never assumes.

How do you tell it you are getting in the car? 2 ways - push the unlock button on your fob (even if the door is already unlocked) or push the appropriate memory button on the door. Then it knows that you are getting in the car and will adjust the seat for you once the key is in the ignition and the door is shut.

When you get out of the car and leave it unlocked this happens - right! You get back in, put the key in the ignition, close the door and - there you sit, with the seat full back. Next time, use the fob to tell you Vette that you are about to get in again or remember to press the #1 button on the door.

Just think what would happen if your #2 memory was programmed for full forward seat position and the last person that got out used #2. Then you got in without pressing the button on the fob or the #1 on the door. If the car always went back to the 'last' setting, you'd be squished up against the steering wheel. Not a good thing.

It appears in this thread from the archives:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/thread47277.html

:wJane Ann

In a related observation, I've noticed that, after a lengthy period of inactivity (sometimes as much as 2-3 months, due to my current job situation), the memory seat system in mine often does not readily complete the "cycle" of moving the seat all the way to the stored position without a bit of "insistence" on my part using the corresponding memory button.

Has anyone else observed that, if the memory seat "function" isn't "exercised" regularly, the movement "cycle" doesn't always complete itself without some additional action on your part? Mine seems to begin working properly once I "exercise" it regularly, so the explanation could be as simple as it's just like any other electrical and mechanical device: they generally don't like to sit idle...?

Yes I Have

In a related observation, I've noticed that, after a lengthy period of inactivity (sometimes as much as 2-3 months, due to my current job situation), the memory seat system in mine often does not readily complete the "cycle" of moving the seat all the way to the stored position without a bit of "insistence" on my part using the corresponding memory button.

Has anyone else observed that, if the memory seat "function" isn't "exercised" regularly, the movement "cycle" doesn't always complete itself without some additional action on your part? Mine seems to begin working properly once I "exercise" it regularly, so the explanation could be as simple as it's just like any other electrical and mechanical device: they generally don't like to sit idle...?

Yes, I have noticed this. I tried the #2 and #3 memory as a backup but that did not seem to help. Mine will lose the setting and I have to reset it. The seat would move forward and stop short of correct position regardless of memory number used.
Now if it has been sitting for a week or more I move the seat forward slightly with power button before inserting key which completes the memory cycle.
The upside is I have an excuse to drive the car more often. :)

Yes, I have noticed this. I tried the #2 and #3 memory as a backup but that did not seem to help. Mine will lose the setting and I have to reset it. The seat would move forward and stop short of correct position regardless of memory number used.

Sounds a lot like the behavior of mine, except mine doesn't lose any of the stored settings; it just seems reluctant to apply them without some insistence on my part...

Now if it has been sitting for a week or more I move the seat forward slightly with power button before inserting key which completes the memory cycle.

That's a good idea; I'll have to try it!

The upside is I have an excuse to drive the car more often. :)

That's the best solution of all! Believe me: that would be my preference as well if it was at all up to me...! :thumb

Power seat problems

I had the same thing with my 2003, but it wouldn't do all the time. And then sometimes it would start to go to the memory function settings, then stop halfway and I'd have to push the #1 memory button to get to the right position. I got tired of fidling with the thing and took it to the Chevrolet dealership, (Bryner Chevrolet in Jenkintown, PA) and the Corvette Only technician tried a lot of different things, but since the car was under warranty, GMPP they decided to replace the BCM, and while the seat was out they replaced the tracks as well. Great service and a real good business.

I know some dealership aren't well thought of, but this one relies on word of mouth for new business. Oh and the cost for a new BCM, tracks and reprograming plus labor came to $2100.00 Thank god I bought that extended GMPP warranty ! :w

I had the same thing with my 2003, but it wouldn't do all the time. And then sometimes it would start to go to the memory function settings, then stop halfway and I'd have to push the #1 memory button to get to the right position.

Again, sounds a lot like mine.

...the Corvette Only technician tried a lot of different things, but since the car was under warranty, GMPP they decided to replace the BCM...

Well, I don't feel so clueless now, if this behavior stumped the experts...! ;)

...the cost for a new BCM, tracks and reprograming plus labor came to $2100.00...

Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that; mine's well out of warranty... ! As long as it gets used regularly, it seems to function properly.

Easy entry/ easy exit function ?

Again, sounds a lot like mine.

Well, I don't feel so clueless now, if this behavior stumped the experts...! ;)

Well, let's hope it doesn't come to that; mine's well out of warranty... ! As long as it gets used regularly, it seems to function properly.

Well if it starts to make you crazy, you can turn it off using the DIC !

I deleted my memory seats, I think the side mirrors and steering wheel readjusted also on my 99. I figured it was just going to wear things out pre-maturely with the needless movement. I only drive the car and everything is where I want it.

Well if it starts to make you crazy, you can turn it off using the DIC !

True... But I kind-of like the feature; I just need to keep it "exercised" regularly, me thinks...

Memory seat issue.

My 03 will only use the memory feature if I exit and lock the door. When I unlock the door, enter the vehicle and place my key into the ignition, the memory becomes active, my radio goes back to the last active station, my steering column moves out, my mirrors adjust and my seat moves forward. If I do not lock the door but enter the unlocked vehicle and place my keys into the ignition, the easy entry will not work, none of the above functions are active and I have to use the memory button. I believe this is also mentioned in the owners manual. btw, I thought I had an issue as well when I first purchased my 03. :beer

Unlock for Memory

My 03 will only use the memory feature if I exit and lock the door. When I unlock the door, enter the vehicle and place my key into the ignition, the memory becomes active, my radio goes back to the last active station, my steering column moves out, my mirrors adjust and my seat moves forward. If I do not lock the door but enter the unlocked vehicle and place my keys into the ignition, the easy entry will not work, none of the above functions are active and I have to use the memory button. I believe this is also mentioned in the owners manual. btw, I thought I had an issue as well when I first purchased my 03. :beer

You don't have to lock the door, it's the unlock button that activates the feature. Just press unlock, even if not locked, and memory will function when door closed and key inserted. Or press memory button on dash.

You don't have to lock the door, it's the unlock button that activates the feature. Just press unlock, even if not locked, and memory will function when door closed and key inserted. Or press memory button on dash.

Yup... Dat's a fact Jack. :thumb Exactly the way it's supposed to function.

How many ways can this cat be skinned, :L all answers are acceptable, have a good day guys :beer this is a wonderful site; I learn more and more every time I access.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom