Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MGW Shifter Installed. Help!

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] I installed the new MGW shifter on Sunday. Install went smooth. Followed the video to the T. I drove for a little while last night. The shifter is a little taller then the stock. I can deal with that. I did notice that when in gear I can move shifter back and forth and in neutral If I move it back n forth it's sort of sluggish to get back to the sitting position. Is it supposed to do that? Did I do something wrong on the install? I think that I have to tear it apart and check the bolt for the linkage rod?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
[/FONT]

I didn't put the MGW shifter in, but I did install an aftermarket shifter and, from what I read, mine doesn't do those things.;shrug

Ok, I called MGW and they said exactly what I thought. I didn't tighten the linkage rod bolt all the way. I thought I did. I used all my might when I tightened it up. I had time today so came home from work a little early (because it was bothering me lol) took it all apart but not the shifter it self.
Unscrewed the linkage rod and aligned it, added lock tight and tightened it all up. Before I put console back together I checked and no movement.
thumbsup.gif

So now I am an expert on taking it all apart
biggrin5.gif

Just make sure to follow all instructions and tighten bolts and use lock tight. I will take it for a ride tonight.
thumbsup.gif

Glad you got it figured out!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom