Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Michael Jordan Z-R1 Corvette For Sale at Bloomington Gold

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
info@mecumauction.com

April 08, 2003
Michael Jordan Z-R1 Corvette For Sale at Bloomington Gold

June 27-28-29, 2003
St. Charles, Illinois

Michael Jordan originally owned the 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Z-R1 40th Anniversary Edition that will be on display and sold at auction on site at Bloomington Gold Corvettes USA.

This is a 350 engine, 450 horsepower, and 6 speed manual transmission car. Only 448 Z-R1s were ever produced -of those 448, only 220 were Anniversary Edition vehicles. The original window sticker price was $67,778. Michael Jordan drove the car 4,500 miles. No one has driven it since! You could be the one!

This car will be sold at the Pheasant Run Resort in St Charles, Illinois during the 31st Bloomington Gold Corvette Show, June 27-29. The caliber of quality cars and the ambiance of the resort are why the Bloomington Gold Corvette Show is one of the largest and most respected auto shows in the nation.

This impressive car, plus many other celebrity automobiles can be viewed in advance at Volo Auto Museum in Volo, Illinois, or visit www.volocars.com.

YOU CAN NOT MISS THIS! MAKE YOUR PLANS TODAY!

I saw this car for sale a while back, but I can't remember where...

I remember a car phone was installed in this car, that was something that stuck out in my mind, where I saw it doesn't though.

Seeing as he is retiring (again) he must need the money. Upkeep on a Corvette can be harsh...Heck...he couldn't even aford to put gas in it...only drove it 4500 miles. ;)

MJ owned several ZR-1s. I think he must have gotten a new one every year. It seems like this '93 is always for sale.

Will

This car was in the auction last year. Didn't sell. I guess the bid wasn't high enough. Whom ever owns this is persistant. I can't remember what the bid was but if you go to Mecum's website they do have a list from last year of all vehicle sold or not and what the bids were. We were at the auction and found it really interesting. Will be there again this Saturday. The road rally is totally awesome (our first). The only bad thing about the one last year is that someone was killed. It had rained and I guess he lost control.

Thanks,

Donna

Wow, this car must really be something-- a Z-R1!!! :D And, with only 448 Z-R1s ever made, it's got to be more valuable and rare than a regular, old ZR-1. Plus, it must have an L-T5 engine in it, since it cranks out a whopping 450 horsepower. Compare that to the puny LT-5's 405HP!

;LOL

I saw this ZR1 up for auction last Labor Day in Auburn at the BIG Kruse Auction there. I'm not sure what it went for if it even sold, but I do have some pictures!!

661116.jpg

661124.jpg

I wonder if he bought it or if Chevy gave the car to him. I always thought he was partial to European cars? At least from the pictures I've seen of him recently; he's driving Euro cars.

fhturner said:
Wow, this car must really be something-- a Z-R1!!! :D And, with only 448 Z-R1s ever made, it's got to be more valuable and rare than a regular, old ZR-1. Plus, it must have an L-T5 engine in it, since it cranks out a whopping 450 horsepower. Compare that to the puny LT-5's 405HP!
;LOL

Gotta love uninformed ad writers!

Yeah, I saw this car for sale on eBay a year ago. News-flash to the seller: Methinks it's time to lower your price!

Brett said:
;LOL

Gotta love uninformed ad writers!

Yeah, I saw this car for sale on eBay a year ago. News-flash to the seller: Methinks it's time to lower your price!
I guess having Michael Jordan's arse touch that seat makes the car worth more money!:L:L:L

Edmond said:
I wonder if he bought it or if Chevy gave the car to him. I always thought he was partial to European cars? At least from the pictures I've seen of him recently; he's driving Euro cars.
Chevy gave it to him, and I think he sold it to B.J. Armstrong after he was doen with it.

BLUEDUCE said:
This car was in the auction last year. Didn't sell.

Did you not realize when the last post was before you replied?

This car has been for sale for a long time. I don't care who drove it, it's not worth a dime more than a regular Ruby.

Yeah Some museum had it last time I saw it for sale they wanted some big bucks for it and I mean just because his ass sat in the seat isnt going to make me pay big money for it, The owner whoever it is seams to think its worth more because of MJ I dont care its a 93 ZR1 40th aniversary and its not that rare of a car!

johnny

It is must have some signifiance as people are still talking about it more than a year after this thread was started. One of you even thought it interesting enough to take the time and effort to photograph it and post the pictures here. I would consider only 245 40th Anniversary ZR1's built in 1993 to be a rare Corvette, especially considering only 1,344 of the 405 hp (vs. 375 hp) ZR1's exist out of the over 6,500 ZR1's built between 1990-1995.

I am sure anyone of you would be proud to own a low mileage ZR1 Corvette, let alone a limited production 40th anniversary model, and throw in the fact it was personally owned and driven for 7 years by a true 20th century legend and I think you have a unique and special Corvette!

P.S. Have you seen the value of any one of Elvis' five Harley's lately?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom