Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Michael Jordon's 1993 40th Anniversary ZR-1 is For Sale on Ebay!!

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Im sorry as cool as that background may be I wouldnt pay more for it because of "who" owned it...

maybe if I actually went and bought it from "Mike J" that would be something to talk about but just because it was his car.......

dosent do anything for me especially at 50K
and still has a reserve....maybe they should call MJ up and see if he wants to buy it back??

I saw a ZR1 for sale a while back it was owned by the lead guy in gone in 60 seconds and they wanted like 40K for a car that he drove!!

hahaha:L

Johnny

Being that MJ is 6'6", I wonder if he had any issues fitting into the car. And I wonder about that radar detector. If he got pulled over for speeding, would they give him a ticket?

For $50,000, you could get a ZR1 and another Corvette. Just because MJ drove it doesn't mean it's better.

Edmond said:
Being that MJ is 6'6", I wonder if he had any issues fitting into the car. And I wonder about that radar detector. If he got pulled over for speeding, would they give him a ticket?

For $50,000, you could get a ZR1 and another Corvette. Just because MJ drove it doesn't mean it's better.

But also it has less then 5K miles how many ZR1's out there with that many miles? I dunno I never researched it.. So you would be paying for his name, the mileage and the fact that it's decked out.. and it's mint... anyway it's pretty cool but again i would say I'm not goin to buy it even if i had an extra 50 grand laying around.. which I don't..
-Rick

Rick,

I'm sure that there are plenty of 40th Anniversary edition ZR1's out there because I'm guessing that quite a few people bought them with the intention of having them appreciate in value. And I'm sure that since that was their intention, they've kept the miles low. Anyone else chime in?

I remember talking to a co-worker of mine about the ZR1. He's a F-body guy and I told him about this high performance model Corvette that came out in 1990. Before I could say ZR1, he interrupted me and guessed it right, "That ZR1 right?" I just smiled because it's amazing that even though some people aren't followers of a certain car, they know one when they see it and they've heard good things about it. He even made the comment, "They were like 70 grand right?"

I think those comments he made were really a testament to you ZR1 guys and how wonderful your automobiles are.

BlackNBlue95 said:
But also it has less then 5K miles how many ZR1's out there with that many miles? I dunno I never researched it.. So you would be paying for his name, the mileage and the fact that it's decked out.. and it's mint... anyway it's pretty cool but again i would say I'm not goin to buy it even if i had an extra 50 grand laying around.. which I don't..
-Rick

Unfortunalty there are plenty of ZR-1s out there with less than 5K miles, The ones that someone bought thinking it would be worth so much more in a few years..... The poor cars havent been driven!! It sad:(

one day I will rescue one of the low milage cars, Hell I bought my 90 with 28000 miles and in my book a car that is 12 years old that is low miles, Every vette I have owned except my 69 has had below 30K miles when I bought it....

and I dont see anything special about that car its a 40th ZR-1 more than half of the 448 93 ZR-1's were of the 40th Ruby red combo and all Zr-1s are decked out the dual roof was like the only option

later :gap

johnny

BlackNBlue95 said:
-Rick

Unfortunalty there are plenty of ZR-1s out there with less than 5K miles someone bought it thinking it would be worth so much more and the poor cars havent been driven!!:(

one day I will rescue one of the low milage cars but hell I bought my 90 with 28000 miles in my book a car that is 12 years old that is low miles, Every vette except my 69 has had below 30K miles when I got them....

but there are some cars with low miles and its never been better to get into a ZR-1 than this last year...

and I dotn see anything special about that car its a 40th ZR-1 more than half of the 448 93 ZR-1's were of the 40th Ruby red combo and all Zr-1s are decked out????

later :gap

johnny

Edmond said:
Rick,

I think those comments he made were really a testament to you ZR1 guys and how wonderful your automobiles are.

I never really thought about it.. I guess there would be alot of low mile ZR1's my friend Fred has a 91' ZR1 but his has around 68K on it.. LoL.. if you need any work done on a Mercedes.. let me know Fred is also a Mercedes Master Tech and he likes to do side jobs..
-Rick

I pretty much agree with Phrogs. I would love a 40th Anniversary ZR-1, but regardless of who owned it, I can't see paying a high dollar price just because someone famous owned it.

Fact is that 40th ZR1's in excellent condition and low miles go for $8,000 - $10,000 more than other '93's. At this time, they actually seem to be holding their values better than any other Z. $50,000 for MJ's car is not unusual. Last year, 40th's sold anywhere from $45,000 to over $60,000. Just takes the right buyer. The previous owner shouldn't make any difference.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom