Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Michelin Pilot Sports?

C

Colorado

Has anyone replaced the OEM Eagles on their C5 with the Michelin Pilot Sport AS/ZPs? What I am looking for is a noticeable reduction in tire generated road noise, and I see on tirerack.com that these tires are rated a couple of points better than the Eagles for noise. I have less than 2.2K on the originals, and the Michelins are a little pricey, but if the difference in noise is real then I just might go for it. Cheaper than moving to someplace with a decent highway system! :)

Thanks!

Colorado

I hear you.

Father just got his C5 yesterday. On cement they are awful. Tar is great. I think he will be replacing the tires (I think he shold just go to the track with them).

I have Dunlop Sport 9090's on my Audi.
235/45/17's 17*7.5 and they are they quite. I know this doesn't answer your question but I would check Dunlop's as an option.

Fellow Audi owners state these tires provide great grip and noise.
235/45/17 Michelin Pilot Primacy
235/45/17 Contential Sport Contact 2

I am looking at putting the Pilot Sport's on my 69 Vette. I will be running extreme sizes and found that the 18" rim in the Dodge Viper tires size seems to be a good fit.

The only quote I have now is for around $1,600 mounted and balanced. Size

335/30 ZR 18 (rear) and 275/35ZR18 (front).

I have been doing all kinds of research and found the Pilot Sport to be one awesome sounding tires (at least in print).

Our 2000 will need rubber in the future, and I might be swinging the same way there if they do a good job on the 69.

If you get them, please let us know what you think.

I put a set of these on my 17" rims.
They have been the quietest tire yet.
I have 53K miles on them and I know they will hit 65k easy

Most I ever got before was 40k on a set of Toyo tires. The last 15k on them was so noisy I had to wear ear plugs on long trips.

I recommend the Michelin. :dance :dance

I'm running the Dunlops on the 85 and love em. Stick good and quiet but they are a summer tire. For all weather performance I agree that the Pilot is a heck of a tire.
Good Luck:cool

tires

I still have GY Eagles but will need a set before end of summer. The Tirerack, www.tirerack.com has ratings and reviews on just about any brand you might want to consider.

i just got the pilot AS on mine. i guess they perform ok, though i haven't gotten a chance to "really" try them out yet.

however, i'm not happy with them because they are ugly. they have a ridge that sticks out sideways just outside the rim that makes them look bad. in general, they just look really bulky instead of subtle like i think they should look.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom