Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Microfueler stuck on...

boostedmaxPSI

Corvette
'92 SNAT435 Yellow aerobody 'vert // 1988 #57 B2K
Well being able to take the TT out for a quick shakedown yesterday left me thinking something wasn't right still while in boost. Altough it has been hot here I thought that the timimg was getting pulled more then it should.

Well, I took a look at the microfueler and found two issues:

1. A blown fuse
2. After fuse was replaced, I found that my microfueler is stuck open.

So... I'm sure that this is a simple fix with the problem being the boost sensor that the vacuum line connects to. Has anyone replaced this sensor or can I send the microfueler back to Callaway for repair?

I'm getting closer to having this thing dialed in :)

Frank, does it keep blowing fuses ? If so you might have a short somewhere. Get a volt meter and check the wiring.

8388 said:
Frank, does it keep blowing fuses ? If so you might have a short somewhere. Get a volt meter and check the wiring.

No sir just the blown fuse that was in there. I replaced the fues and it doesn't blown anymore.
FS

*89x2* said:
Yes, last I heard they have a rebuild service for the Microfueler :cool

thanks for the diagram. I think it's the micro boost switch that the vacuum line goes into. I'll try to force a small amont of air in it to see it that helps. If not I'll just send it back to Callaway for repair.

As corny as this may sound I'm happy to hear the microfueler wasn't working. That just means that my car had some knock retard yesterday and it wasn't pulling as hard as it will with the microfueler working :) Still more power yet feel :)

Why do you think my name is "boostedmaxPSI"?

I'm sitting here thinking of what this car will be like without the timing retard I was having yesterday! Which by the way was still running pretty darn good.

I'm going to be in New Hampshire all week, I wish I had some time to swing by the Callaway shop.
*89x2* said:
...just don't get greedy :lou

b2kmotivate1.jpg

88-0057

It's nice that you can tear into it and repair yourself. Good luck. If you need anything else-just call.

redb2k's said:
It's nice that you can tear into it and repair yourself. Good luck. If you need anything else-just call.

Thanks for the offer red, and you know I will :)

Did you get your new toy today?

Yellow Aerobody

Intercity Lines should deliver tomorrow about 4:00 pm. I am looking forward to it. I will not get much sleep tonight. I am sure i will have to do a lot of little things just like you did-maybe more. I will find out tomorrow.

Well I did find this...

I spoke with the Callaway team on a replacement or repair and this unit is no longer available for sale. At one time they had a repair person in Oklahoma however, that person is no longer performing this service.

Callaway was going to get back to me on our next steps to see if this unit can be repaired.

http://home.comcast.net/~vwmikelvw/Tech/Fueler/fueler.htm

fueler.jpg

boostedmaxPSI said:

Frank,

I am not sure if this is a correct picture , because this is the single microfueller for C1 projects

the TT Corvette has a microfueller for 2 injectors

so that is different ???

I have a C1 turbo kit with fueller , to build up a VW after I finished the Corvette interior

Jeroenvgfn said:
Frank,

I am not sure if this is a correct picture , because this is the single microfueller for C1 projects

the TT Corvette has a microfueller for 2 injectors

so that is different ???

I have a C1 turbo kit with fueller , to build up a VW after I finished the Corvette interior

You have a sharp eye! You are correct. If you notice the two white wires on the circuit board, that's for the first injector. directly next to it are open points on the board for the second injector to be wired up to pins 6 and 8 on the electrical connector. As well as missing IC2.

I guess my point of this link was to illustrate the true name of this product. Callaway sells it as the Microfueler and the company who made this product for Callaway was called Miller-Woods, no longer in buisness, called this unit the "TurboGroup Fueler".

I have found another replacement product for it already for just under $400 if I cannot get this one repaired.

FS

Frank,

sometimes you can trust me blindly ;)

In my search for a microfueller for my C1 project I found that the V8 and 4 cilinder are different versions, thats why I could provide you with an answer that quickly.

here is a picture of mine
Afb004.jpg

Afb000.jpg

Lots to be learned on this forum. I have had my Callaway since 88 and still learn alot from reading this forum. Thanks everyone!

I got an email from the Callaway team saying send it back for an analysis. Hopfully they can fix it.

On a side note I had the catalytic converters installed yesterday :) I'm ready to hit the inspection station and get this thing emissions tested and LEGAL to drive.

boostedmaxPSI said:
I got an email from the Callaway team saying send it back for an analysis. Hopfully they can fix it.

On a side note I had the catalytic converters installed yesterday :) I'm ready to hit the inspection station and get this thing emissions tested and LEGAL to drive.

that is good news Frank,

So soon you will be pounding the streets with a lot of boost :D
and whistling wastegates

For those of you that may be following this thread... here is the replacement product I found for the the microfueler. This unit is setup for 2 Low Imp. Injectors like the ones found in the ram horns. It's a pretty simple box with two knobs for adjustment. One controls the turn on point for boost and the other how much fuel to spray. Just like the microfueler.

the best part is it's only $377

Anyone have any thoughts on this product? http://www.sdsefi.com/eic.html

eic10.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom