Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Mild to Wild Exhaust Modulator

Rollnfast

Corvette
2005 Malibu Red
I just ordered the Mild-to-Wild modulator for my Z06. Love the sound of Wild! Does anyone have any pros and cons regarding this item? Does it enhance performance in any way? What about battery power usage when the car is off. I understand if I wire it so the flaps engage (to produce the wild sound) when the car is initially started, this will use zero battery power when the engine is off. What about gas mileage when in the wild position. Thanks. :cool

I have a control FOB that GM Junkie built for my 08 .Works great ! Sounds like it gives ya an extra 400 hp but I doubt if it adds much of anything :D.I don't like it in low rpm's in 6th speed ,it's droney .Other than that ---:blue:

I just ordered the Mild-to-Wild modulator for my Z06. Love the sound of Wild!
If you like it now, wait until you hear it with the "muffler mod!"
Does anyone have any pros and cons regarding this item?
See above post.
Does it enhance performance in any way?
Chevy gets 6 more hp with the LS3, so I'd presume the LS7 gets similar gains.
What about battery power usage when the car is off. I understand if I wire it so the flaps engage (to produce the wild sound) when the car is initially started, this will use zero battery power when the engine is off.
Dunno.
What about gas mileage when in the wild position. Thanks. :cool
Depends on your right foot...:rotfl

Since the ZO6 and NPP equipped standard Vettes already have the proper mufflers, you will not get any HP gain by using the Mild to Wild module. ;shrug

I have mine installed using the "optional" instructions which allows my car to start in the "wild" mode all the time. It does not cause any battery drain issues that way. :thumb

It kills your gas mileage. :eek:hnoes Or it does mine cause I like to listen to the sound at higher RPM too much! :boogie

If you own a C6 ZO6 and you are worried about mileage.... you bought the wrong car dude!

I can't think of any con on the system.... other than the two center exhause outlets seem to get more soot on them than the outer ones. I have it presently installed. With the remote FOB, I can go into stealth mode any time I want... like when pulling into Garage late at night with the kids already in bed, or when at low RPM's in 6th gear as mentioned above - drone can get a bit much.

I'd say its a good balance between aftermarket and stock.

I tried the FOB mild to wild unit using both wiring methods. I found the 1st method caused a battery drain. The second option which requires a little modification to the mild to wild wiring ( really not a big deal at all) is the way to go to prevent battery drain. My complaint with this, is everytime you started the car, it was in the wild mode. So, I sold the FOB system on this site and bought the switch system that mounts in the dead pedal. Very handy to reach, just like the old headlight dimmer switch. And when you started the car, it is in the mode you left it in last. Easy to operate and in my opinion the only way to go. I have had both. Hope this helps. Just another option.

If you own a C6 ZO6 and you are worried about mileage.... you bought the wrong car dude!

I can't think of any con on the system.... other than the two center exhause outlets seem to get more soot on them than the outer ones. I have it presently installed. With the remote FOB, I can go into stealth mode any time I want... like when pulling into Garage late at night with the kids already in bed, or when at low RPM's in 6th gear as mentioned above - drone can get a bit much.

I'd say its a good balance between aftermarket and stock.

I second that....the drone is considerably worse in the LS7. My LS3 Z51 had drone but nothing like this Z06 does.....it will jar your teeth :eek:hnoes But I LOVE IT :D That 427 in wild position just idling sounds awesome.....(so does LS3) :beer

I tried the FOB mild to wild unit using both wiring methods. I found the 1st method caused a battery drain. The second option which requires a little modification to the mild to wild wiring ( really not a big deal at all) is the way to go to prevent battery drain. My complaint with this, is everytime you started the car, it was in the wild mode. So, I sold the FOB system on this site and bought the switch system that mounts in the dead pedal. Very handy to reach, just like the old headlight dimmer switch. And when you started the car, it is in the mode you left it in last. Easy to operate and in my opinion the only way to go. I have had both. Hope this helps. Just another option.
w

where did you get it (dead pedal switch) ? The instructions state that you can program the unversial remote but I canot get mine to record on anyone of the three buttons on the UR. Thanks

Go to the link below. You can buy the switch with the dead padel or buy the switch by itself and install in your own dead pedal. The switch is heavy duty, not a cheap push button switch that will break. I ordered just the switch and drilled the hole in the plastic pedal. Very easy to do. The hardest part was feeding the wire from the drivers side over the console to the fuse box on the passenger side. Not a show stopper, take your time. But my opinion, this is the only way to go. No fumbling around with the FOBs. Also, to mention, you can't program the newer type of visor remotes to operate the Mild to Wild Unit, ie 2008. I can't remember but something to do with a change, homelink or something. Good luck. email me if you have problems.

Bracksieck:thumb
OLD SCHOOL MILD2WILD

I just ordered the Mild-to-Wild modulator for my Z06. Love the sound of Wild! Does anyone have any pros and cons regarding this item? Does it enhance performance in any way? What about battery power usage when the car is off. I understand if I wire it so the flaps engage (to produce the wild sound) when the car is initially started, this will use zero battery power when the engine is off. What about gas mileage when in the wild position. Thanks. :cool

I have the Mild 2 Wild exhaust controller on my 'Z'. It does not add anymore hp that I am aware of. It does sound awesome especially when idling. There will be a drone when you do it. It occurs at low rpm's while cruzing mainly. If you wire it where the mild 2 wild is always 'on' then it will not use btry power. But the system will always be on when you crank the engine. However you can turn it off if desired. Since my Vette is a '10', I have not been able to program Universal Remote to control exhaust FOB. For some reason it will not learn the code, nor for my automatic gate either. I understand the UR is different from what it was previous....my 09 would not 'learn' either. Hope this helps....:D

From what I understand the garage door opener vendor was "Home Link" through 08 and 09 and later are "Lear Seigler" so they program differently and may be coded differently.

I went with a unit that would work on my 09 ZR1 using the Garage door opener on the visor, since I didn't need another fob to carry around.

Put the m to w switch on my Z atnd the drone ran me out of the car. Changed the system out for a corsa system and like it a whole lot better

If you like it now, wait until you hear it with the "muffler mod!" See above post. Chevy gets 6 more hp with the LS3, so I'd presume the LS7 gets similar gains. Dunno. Depends on your right foot...:rotfl

NORTY... What's the "muffler mod"?

I have mild to wild... is this something in addition?

Tnx,

BB

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom