Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mileage observed

Evolution1980

Administrator
Corvette
ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
For the first time ever, I decided to check my mileage just for ****z & grins. Check it!

Highway mileage....16.1 mpg! On a ZZ4, TH350, and running around 3000+ RPM the entire time. I love my Jacob's Ignition System!

And here I was expecting between 8 and 10 mpg....

I checked my mpg yesterday.17.6 mpg To say the least,I am very pleased.Its no wonder though,at 75mph I'm only turning 2400 rpm.

Dave

Those are some good figures for those years and engines.
But if you want to hear something really sick... My 2002 Z06 at 75 MPH is reading out 28.6 MPG turning about 1850 RPM.
At 95 MPH about 2300 RPM but mileage drops to 25 MPG.
Not bad for 405 HP!
vettepilot

My '84 reads 22mpg at 70mph and 1800rpm or so.
Hope the digital readout is accurate cause I like that.
Of course if I was doing 20mph 6 secs ago, it reads
about 4, but who cares.

vettepilot- I agree,that is some really awesome numbers for that amount of horsepower.Modern technology is great.

Dave

Well, even with EFI, and at only about 400 total miles on the clicker.....they have a spot reserved for me at the local juice station. Seems like I have been there for than anywhere else.

I would guess I am in the single digits, but have yet to really get on the road and run.

My 90 with the six speed and highly modified small block averages right at 20 no matter highway or city traffic.

69MyWay... You're fast enough to pass everythng on the road but a gas station!

One of the people that build 700R4 transmissions figure about 20% increase in mileage. At that number, I'd be a clip over 19mpg (when I have it installed next spring). It's kinda funny, but my vette seems to be more reliable than my daily driver (a '96 Ford). And the mileage ain't all that far off. But regardless, there are two things I don't do with my vette. One of them is track gas mileage. The other is how much money I've spent on it :D

Evolution1980,
Yeah, it just doesn't seem right for a bunch of high performance Corvette owners to be discussing high fuel mileage. Who would have thought THAT would happen... fuel mileage bragging should be reserved for the Honda Civic forum :l :L :L :L
vettepilot

2000 MN6 70 MPH = 1500 RPM in 6 th

Best ever: 23.6 at 65-70mph = 2700+rpm. Normally 18-20mpg makes me very happy. Yeah, technology is a wonderful thing when a Z06 gets better mileage than my SSEi Bonneville gets. C'est la vie.

................ Nut

Man, I only wish that I was getting that kinda mileage. My '81 is 12.06 mpg. 350ci, 350 auto, edelbrock 750..... I'm jealous?!?!??!

:eyerole

asby69

Since I installed the 700R4 I have gotten over 20 mpg on the highway up from 16. Thats figure is on only 1/2 of a tank. If I were to drive without stopping im sure I would get about 23. Long Island always runs out of road.

13 MPG on a 77 with 180 hp. That's almost a crime. I guess I'm going to have to do something about that this Winter but I suspect whatever I do to get more hp:) will result in less mpg:cry.

Mileage - da Good & da Bad !!!

da Good/Light Foot: :upthumbs
> High Teen's in Town
> High 20's on da Highway

&

da Bad/Lead Foot: :grinshot
> High Single's in Town
> High Teen's on da Highway

What the Heck, go for it, :J:J:J It's a Vette !!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom