Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Minding my own business...

This is why we need to have all illegal aliens licensed. For these reasons:

1. They'll have to get insurance.

2. We will immediately will have a current up-to-date data base for who is here and where. ( The DA's office REALLY likes this part.)

3. They'll hopefully learn the rules of the friggen road.

4. It in no way gets them closer to citizenship.

5. The BofA can open bank accounts to help launder money, or transfer $ into their country of origin.

Hmmm...let's see,what did I leave out?

5. The BofA can open bank accounts to help launder money, or transfer $ into their country of origin.

I was in my BofA the other day, and there were these gigantic posters all over the bank, telling you how easy it was to send money back to Mexico using BofA. I counted six huge posters advertising this, right in front of me. I remarked (rather loudly) that I was probably the only one here, NOT interested in sending money to Mexico. It was like I was the E.F. Hutton guy or something. The place became silent. Of course, the hispanic girl behind the counter wasn't amused. Oh well, at least the atm doesn't ask what language you want to use anymore. Your only choice is english now. I wonder how long that will last.

Update

Fairway Chevrolet says I should have the car back by next Thursday March 8th. They have a very good body shop that does a lot of Corvette work. Already had someone dent the fender on the 57 this week. Where is the respect for other people's property? Oh well. It's a good thing I don't have the temper I did when I was in my twenties, I would fight a the drop of a hat. Still trying to find the correct O-rings for the ZR1's fuel injectors so I can put that back together.

Now the '57?!

Argghhh!:mad

Copy all about respect. Someone sideswiped my '71 Nova, trashed the rear quarter (from door to bumper), no stop, no show, no respect.:mad Right in front of my house. But, I live in "the hood", lots of brown here, F-150's with stupid wheels/tires. And stereos blaring. Sigh.:ugh :eyerole

But, if I lived in a "gated community", I couldn't have all the cars I do, so I must be tolerant. You are also spot on about age and wisdom. Pick your battles, keep the guns loaded and available. Just in case.

Gonna look into concealed carry permit soon. Will it help? Probably not. But, I will feel better.;)

Sorry to stray off topic, had a little rant there. Karl, get that ZR-1 up, happy to hear the new one is coming along nicely and getting properly done. :upthumbs

Take care of the five-seven. I am sure she is sweet, too.

Rick
:gap

:bash The DSOM was supposed to be done on Friday. Went to Fairway and they gave me a song and dance about how they didn't notice that the mirror was cracked and they would have to overnight a new one and paint it on Monday. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. Let's keep my fingers crossed and say a quick prayer that it happens. My problem is that they should have noticed that when they they did the first estimate.:bash

License

License? Mexicans don't need no stupid License!:)

They should throw him in jail and then deport him.
Just my .02
better yet, just shoot him. Film it and put it on youtube. Send the body back to MX postage due.

(Can you tell I've just about had enough of this crap?):eek:hnoes

Friendly reminder to keep this thread on topic, which I take to be supporting korvettekarl while his ride gets fixed. If you all want to take it to that of "meegra" bashing (for all intents and purposes), the thread will be moved over to The Edge. :)

Thanks to everybody. Finally got the car back yesterday. Fairway did an excellent job. You can't tell this thing was ever damaged. Drives great and looks great.

Excellent!

I am pleased to hear that it all worked out for you. :upthumbs

Good to have her back home in good condition. Best regards,

Rick
:gap

karl,
Make sure to go back after his insurance company (if he has any) and get the money for diminished value.....may not be much but every little bit helps.

Sorry to hear about this.

I am in a similar situation, as of Wednesday evening while driving to my Corvette Club meeting. Where can I get info on "diminished value"? The offending driver has USAA insurance.

I am in a similar situation, as of Wednesday evening while driving to my Corvette Club meeting. Where can I get info on "diminished value"? The offending driver has USAA insurance.
Bah! What a way to get your first post, KenC6! :ugh Sorry to hear about you car.
But on a good note, Welcome to the :CAC

Be sure to stop over in the New Member forum and introduce yourself!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom