Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Minor accident

blackandredvette

Corvette
2002 Red/Red Coupe, 1981 Black/Red Coupe
I was going to work this morning and topped a hill and then there was some roadkill on the road (a dog, I think) and ran right over the top of it. Body wise, it only messed up the lower air dam and small area of the front bumper.
After I hit it, the radio lost power, the horn started honking continously and the lights were dimming and then back to normal and dimming and so on. After I turned around and came back home, I disconnected the battery to get the horn to stop. I checked it this afternoon and as soon as the terminal makes contact with the battery, it starts honking again.
Any ideas to what is going on?

thanks,
Brad

The first thing I can come up with is that you might have broken one of your fusable links coming off the starter lug.
I suppose any breakage of the wiring in the front end could possibly be causing the headlight circuit to set off the anti-theft alarm. or maybe just confusing it.
Either way, I would check out the extent of the damage under the front end.
Hint: look for dog fur.

That really sucks. Any update to your problem? I swear everytime I drive mine, a rock flies off the tire of a truck next to me, etc. Glad I went with the $1500 paint job instead of the $5000 one a couple of years ago. Now I just say screw it, get the touch up paint out, and drive on. I have replaced my air dam before also. Let us know how yours is progressing.

I took off the air dam and disconnected the horn from the relay. Not really a fix but at least it has me back on the road.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom