Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mirror

C

CSCARLSON

This would be the second time I have asked for help on this subject.. my drivers outside mirror vibates... it's not the casing it's the actual glass mirror ,,, anyone know how to fix this ??

Here is the original thread

Maybe someone can add to THIS

The only other though I have is to check the cable from the remote and make sure it is tight.

BudD
:w

Loose Mirror

I had this same problem on my 84. It was giving me fits (being i drive in the fast lane):( It turned out to be the little ball keeper that snaps the back of the mirror onto the control head. Gently pull out on the top of your mirror and you can see if it is all "snapped" into place. One of the balls may not be snapped into place, they come unsnapped sometimes when your washing the car. The Ball fits into a 4 prong keeperso that it can rotate. Also, if if it not snapped in when you look....apply a little lithium grease to it. This will allow you to snap it back into place intially, as well as allow it to rotate freely when you adjust the mirror as well.

Hope this helps

RIKO

is this fix acomplished easily and can i do it with the mirror on ?

Loose Mirror

Yes you can do it with the mirror on the car. Also, I forgot to mention, move your mirror all the way down, pointing down with your remote first.

if you have parts broken or missing, you will have to try a rebuilder, I have never been able to find those little balls if yours is missing, but I beleive that most GM remote mirrors use the same little balls

RIKO

Re: Loose Mirror

TopDown94 said:
I have never been able to find those little balls if yours is missing, but I beleive that most GM remote mirrors use the same little balls
RIKO

This sounds serious... :D
(sorry I couldn't let this go by without a little levity)

BuD
:L :L

Those little Balls !

Well.....I knew when I wrote that SOOOOOOME OOOOOONE would just have to add to that. But, a little humor goes a long way.....wonder if Carlsons car is a HIM by any chance?:bash

Good thing I didnt say " hope its just one of your little balls" giving you the problem. :eyerole

And by the way, how do I get the pic of my vette on my signiture like some of the other members on here?

RIKO

Hi Carlson

"Him" as in, do you think of your car as a boy or girl car...

I posted the poll/question about how members thought of their Vettes. It attracted quite a few interesting answers and vette names.

Silver

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom