Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

misleading badging

"My Corvette ... nor will it keep up with my Pantera from 20-100 mph."

It should. The stock Panteras had about 330hp (under a more optimistic rating system, IIRC) and 3123 pounds with a 5-speed, there may be some speed range where it's quicker than an '01Z, but that can be true of any car depending upon shift points and other variables. I'd make sure the Z was running right. No offense meant.

'71 Pantera- 9.5 pounds/hp
Boxster S- 11.84 pounds/hp
base '02 Vette- 9.3 pounds/hp
'01Z- 8.13 pounds/hp
'02Z- 7.7 pounds/hp

Extra 100hp+

We will be doing a complete test in article form with regards to the Z06 and the Lingenfelter Supercharger kit very soon. If anyone is interested, let me know. The test results will be featured in one of the national Corvette Magazine and the "build out" side will be featured here on the CAC. Rob will have all the details as they become available.

Horsepower limitation on any LS motor in stock form will vary. You have to take in consideration reliability and safety factors. The supercharger system will be limited to around 5lbs (non cooled) and 7lbs (intercooled). Expect the Z06 in stock form to range between 525hp to 540hp (based on stock internal build). Lingenfelter says 5.5lbs (uncooled) which seems about right. No info on any intercooled setups. Stock C5 LS1 version comes in a little less with regards to power.

This should be a very interesting test study.

It would be nice to see a 450hp or 500hp Z06 but my best guess is that it will not happen in the future based on EPA and CAFE requirements and because of the large production number of Corvettes made each year. After market maybe the only way!

Have a nice day everyone.

rwd,
The Pantera has been a special project I bought to keep me busy after retirement. It is now an obsession. The engine has been completely gone through and updated. On the dyno we show 444 flywheel horsepower and almost 390 to the rear wheels.
It is not an easy car to drive because of interior design problems and my long legs. From 40mph to 120 the car scares me. It is a trip to drive because no one (hardly) knows what it is. My Z is a Rolls Royce to drive compared to the P car. I love them both.

Ah, so it's just a matter of time before you make the Z06 more of a monster than it already is...:D

Bullwinkle,
You know I kinda look at the P car and the Z06 as women. The Z is slick, refined, graceful..like a fashion model you want to take to dinner @ the best restaurants and sit in the center so everyone can admire her. The P car is like a harlot you buy beer and she screws your brains out. I don't think I'll ever change anything about the Z06. Shes beautiful as she is. Thanks Lar

ZR100060 said:
Bullwinkle,
You know I kinda look at the P car and the Z06 as women. The Z is slick, refined, graceful..like a fashion model you want to take to dinner @ the best restaurants and sit in the center so everyone can admire her. The P car is like a harlot you buy beer and she screws your brains out. I don't think I'll ever change anything about the Z06. Shes beautiful as she is. Thanks Lar

I'm sure they all cost a pretty penny to take care of!:D

It won't be much longer until you start modifying the Z06. I'm only saying that because you're hooked like all of us in this forum are!

Happy motoring!

BullWinkle said:

Actually, there was an article in Car and Driver a couple of months ago where they supercharged a C5 coupe. They also talked about supercharging a Z06. I don't have the article handy, but I will post some numbers if I can find it. The supercharging was done by Lingenfelter (like that's a surprise to anyone!). It cost just under $9,000. They put on a new hood that's painted to match because of the extra clearance needed. That price got you the parts and labor to install. They also included dyno sheets to prove it!

I have supercharged my 2002 ZO6 and it does make for a quick car. To view SC install click
http://www.chantalray.homestead.com/ati.html

The site needs to be updated--old numbers are posted.
dyno23small.jpg

sideshot.jpg

Jeff,

That is one bada$$ car you have there! If you pull up next to it, you could never tell that it's been modified from sight. But I'm sure that you'll hear that supercharger!

Nice car and nice pics!:upthumbs

Have you taken the car to the track yet?
Any impromptu street races yet?

BullWinkle said:
Jeff,

That is one bada$$ car you have there! If you pull up next to it, you could never tell that it's been modified from sight. But I'm sure that you'll hear that supercharger!

Nice car and nice pics!:upthumbs

Have you taken the car to the track yet?
Any impromptu street races yet?

The whine of the SC and the sound of the pressue valve dumping boost is wild! On June 8th I am taking the car to Ed Wright in Tulsa (FastChips) for the final PCM dyno tune.

Then the car goes to an artist to get a blue flamejob to the rear bumper. Then I will take it to the track but I will not do ANYTHING stupid on the road. A blueflamed ZO6 with 720HP personalized license plates draws enough attention from Mr. Blueman.

It's funny that ANYONE (minivans, VW's etc.) will want to race this car. They know they can't win, they just want to see it run. Doing this would cause legal problems for me eventually....

Jeff Nation said:

A blueflamed ZO6 with 720HP personalized license plates draws enough attention from Mr. Blueman.

Well Mr. Blueman had better get out that helicopter to catch you!:L :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom