Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mobil 1 Emblem On A Lt-4??

MARLTON LT-4

Corvette
1976 resto mod
Just wondering...my LT-4 does not have the "Mobil 1 Oil" decal at the base of the underside of my hood. Should it?? If so, who has them for sale??

CP :confused

I don't recall seeing a Mobil 1 emblem under the hood. I know that the C5s have the emblem. There may be something about synthetic oil on the oil cap, but I will have to check to make sure.

Nick

Yep, I checked the oil filler cap and it says Mobil 1 across the center of the cap.

Nick

Nick S said:
Yep, I checked the oil filler cap and it says Mobil 1 across the center of the cap.

Nick

No, it should not have that emblem. The LT1s had it as my 92 did, but the 96 does not have that emblem. The only ref to Mobil 1 is on the oil cap.

my 96 grand sport has the mobil 1 emblem on it. its a big emblem at the bottom of the hood when it open. i dont have the bowling green emblem on mine though. my 87 vert had a built in bowling green emblem or something like that i think, on the hood. its been a few years

I could be wrong, but I think someone put that mobil 1 emblem on your GS unless your the orig. owner. I remember this emblem no emblem being a discussion back in 95-96, but as far as I remember, it was noticeably absent on 96 LT4s and maybe LT1s as well.

i'm the 3rd owner. so i dont know if its an original emblem or not. what should it have.... the built in bowling green or something like that emblem????
i need to get one of those then.:confused
i want to keep it as original looking as i can
thanks;)
hey, your from va?
i went to fairfax va. to get my GS;)

It shouldnt have any emblem, other than the one on your oil cap. Im not sure what year they stopped, but I am pretty confident that the previous Mobil 1 emblem was not on LT4s.

Im in Arlington. I have a CE and love it, but kind of wish I had spent the extra $$ and went with the GS. Same engine, your car is just more unique and impressive to look at.

As for the emblem, I would post a question on the Grand Sport Registry to make sure, but again, I am 99% certain that - that emblem should not be on your hood. Let me know what you find out.

None on mine.

my 96 lt1 does not have it either

I believe that GM stopped putting the Mobil 1 plaque in late 95(my 95 has one), and started putting it on the oil caps for later models. With the run of C4's ending and the LS program starting, I suppose they didn't go to the trouble of having a few thousand made.

Brett

1995 RedVette said:
I believe that GM stopped putting the Mobil 1 plaque in late 95(my 95 has one), and started putting it on the oil caps for later models. With the run of C4's ending and the LS program starting, I suppose they didn't go to the trouble of having a few thousand made.

Brett

My 95 has one too!

My 95 Lt-1 had a Mobil 1 sticker underhood. My 96 LT-4 does not. Both cars were bought new at the same dealership. At the time I purchased the 96 I asked about the missing Mobil-1 sticker and was told thst the factory had stoped putting them sometime during the 96 model year run. Since the car had 12 miles on the clock I believed them. On both cars the oil filler cap has Mobil-1 5wt/30wt as the specific oil to use.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom