Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Modded 1985 vette for sale

J

jp2002ls1

Money is real tight right now so I have decided to sell my baby.

1985 Corvette. Black exterior gray interior, targa top, Z51 package (stiff springs, 32mm/28mm sway bars, oil cooler, etc.)

Exterior of the car is good, paint shows its age but is ok.

Interior is good except for a stain in the rear carpet, it has a Auto Meter 5" monster tach with shift light, new Pioneer CD head unit, 6X9 pioneer speakers in the rear, 6X8 pioneer speakers in the doors. Leather seats are very clean, air, power windows, locks, driver seat.

Only mod to the body is a Greenwood hood scoop, same one they used on their C4R race cars.

Rims on the car are silver powder coated ZR1 replica rims 17X9.5 front and 17X11 rear with 275/40/17 fronts and 315/35/17 rears, tires are Goodyear F1 GS-D3's with 75% front tread left 60% rear tread left. Also comes with a set of 4 stock 16X9.5 rims with 30% tread left and a set of 4 stock 16X8.5 rims with bald tires.

The following mods have also all been done within the past 15 months, most more recently.

Engine:
new ZZ4 shortblock, 4-bolt mains, forged crank, forged powder rods, hyper pistons.
Trickflow aluminum heads
Trickflow roller rockers
Trickflow pushrods
ARP bolts
Comp cams extreme energy roller cam 236/242 .520/.542 110 lobe sep.
GM hydraulic roller lifters
Ported Performer RPM intake
Holley 750 Double Pumper carb with Proform main body
All little stuff was new also, oil pump, oil pan, water pump, alternator, power steering pump, stainless radiator hose, etc. High torque mini starter.

Ignition:
MSD blaster 3 coil
MSD wires
MSD billet distributor
MSD 6AL box

700R4 Trans:
rebuilt with all performance parts, trans go shift kit, B&M stall(only a 2200 stall it needs a much bigger stall), Moroso Aluminum trans pan. Shifts real hard.

Suspension in addition to Z51 suspension)
Performance valved Bilstein shocks
All polyurethane bushings throughout the entire suspension
R&D Camber brace
This car rides very firm.

Rear end:
It has the Dana 44 independent rear end.
Rebuilt posi, I installed 3.91 Viper gears when the rear end was rebuilt.

I'm sure there is a lot more that I am forgetting. The car handles stiff but excellent, drives great, carb could use some fine tuning.
Last month it ran 12.4 @113 through restrictive exhaust/mufflers on street tires only launching at 1500 rpm.
I don't have any pictures but anyone is welcome to come out and take a look at it.
Priced for quick sale: $9,000 firm

Email: JP2002LS1@AOL.COM

The car has a ton of mods, I measure the tires and they have more tread than I stated earlier(the F1 tires alone were $1300+800 for the rims) here is a list of some more minor mods I have done to the car:
ATI super Dampner
SFI flexplate
B&M trans cooler
carbon fiber shift knob
lightweight headlights w/new style bulbs
adjustable fan control module
brake bias spring
braided stainless steel brake lines
Mallory adjustable fuel pressure regulator
exhaust is basic Hedman long tubes with duals and Hooker Aero Chamber mufflers.

Lot of other new basic stuff on the car as well, rear wheel bearings, heater core, etc.
I have more money into mods than I am asking for the whole car.
Everything works great and you really need to see and drive this car to appreciate it.

jp2002ls1 said:
I can't believe nobody has even come to look at it, I will part this car out if nobody wants a highly modified corvette. $8500

Well, the thread has 190+ views, so some people have looked at it. And of course posting here only targets people who probably already have a Corvette. And in general, the more you mod a car, the smaller the subset of shoppers will be interested. Give it a little time, and make sure the car gets a lot of exposure, and I'm sure you'll start seeing more activity.

Sounds like one heck of a car. I believe you could get more then you are asking if you parted it out. Probably a 1k just in wheels and tires, if not more. I guess if you need to get rid of it now, just unload it and try to cut your losses to a minimum. Parting out the car is a long process I would imagine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom