Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mod'ed 1990 vette and these injectors help if you know alot about fuel requirements

topless82vette

Corvette
1982 convertible (not factory) stock 350cfi auto
Ok ... This is a 1990 vette with a internally stock L-98 ..... Mods are as follows .... TPIS long tube headers, TPIS 3.5 inch catback, Random Tech highflo cat, TPIS big mouth intake, SLP runners, Ported plenum, 58mm throttle body, TPIS air filter thing.

Injectors are ford motorsport 0280-150-947 24lb per hour at 39.18PSI .. at 43.5 they are said to deliver 25.5 lbs per hour. This car has an adjustable pressure regulator.

So with the mods this car has is 39psi a good base setting for the car or should I drop to say 38psi and make 1lb increments and see what the car likes best.

I've read the whole 22lbs 24lbs L-98 thing till my eyes hurt but in the event this car reall had 22lb injectors are these 24's a better choice considering the mods that are going on this car? How much do these mods affect lean/rich conditions? Due to it being able to breath considerable better would this tend to lean the motor out consierably and will prom programming be required or do any of you know a shelf prom that will be best for the car?

What kind of power gains can be expected with this car? This is a 6 speed car so you dont have to worry about a 700r4 dying LOL ... So tell me what you guys think based on the internals on this engine are still very strong.

OK well, things changed a bit this guy just ordered a ATI procharger thats intercooled ...... so whats the correct injector he now will need?

Found this on the internet. 24lb injectors only required with 12+ PSI boost.

ATI ProCharger Polished Supercharger Kits for 85-91 Corvette.
With ProCharger technology, reliably adding big horsepower to your engine is a lot easier than you may think. Intercooler ProCharger systems utilize exclusive features and proven technology to deliver reliable 50-100% gains in horsepower and torque while running pump gas. ATI is the only company that has put stock 5.0's, LT1's, 4.6's and LS1's into the 11's, and routinely delivers 12-second ET's to completely stock TPI applications running pump gas. ATI is also the only company that guarantees the best performance gains. Nothing else even comes close! For modified street applications, ProCharger technology delivers 10-second ET's with the least amount of engine modifications - and with the supercharger still under warranty. These systems are 100% complete, and daily drivability is unchanged.

24 lb/hr fuel injectors required for 12+ PSI.
When using D-1 compressors, suspension options can require slight modification to hood reinforcement or ProCharger bracket.

Stage II Intercooled System with D-1
10 psi (14+ psi pulley also available)
D-1, 2 core-spicific air-to-air intercooler
100% complete system
Fuel Management System
Dedicated 8 rib drive system
Automatic belt tensioner
75-85% hp increase

someone else is telling him 30lbs per hour but them again he has other mods as well to the intanke sytem and exhaust system

Lot's of calculators for injector size vs efficiency vs horsepower on the web. Check them out.

But in the final analysis you need a wide band and the ability to tune the car to make it right.

I certainly would not have gone up 15% in injector size with his original mods unless I had some tuning software and capability to measure the VE at part throttle and some way to measure the air/fuel ratio in PE mode.

Go to this link and scroll to the bottom and their is a table of BSHP per cylinder for different injector sizes. It will get you close.

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

Perry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom