Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Modern Small Blocks on C3

leev

Corvette
soon! =)
are there any modern out of the box small blocks sold by GM performance than can churn out 400+ horses while giving good milage mpg and run on pump gas? i understand some dont come with carbs yet, what carb would you suggest to have on it? (for a 68-73 vette)

GM has several over-the-counter "crate" engines in various configurations and horsepower ratings, including big blocks. Do the Google thing and take a look.

:)

stick with the EFI and an OD transmission if you want improved fuel mileage
there are many running TPI setups and the new LS series are starting to show up as the engines become more available.

if you want a "crate engine" several of the bigger GM dealers have all sorts of variations.

the ram jet 350 while not making the 400HP mark would be a good starting point it comes with a compact controller mounted on the engine perfect for the tight confines of the Vettes:upthumbs

are there any modern out of the box small blocks sold by GM performance than can churn out 400+ horses while giving good milage mpg and run on pump gas? i understand some dont come with carbs yet, what carb would you suggest to have on it? (for a 68-73 vette)
What do you mean by 'modern'? And yes, there are plenty of new crate engines that you can put in a vette. However, I don't know that any of the over 400hp engines are going to be completely drop it in and go!. We'd first need to know what kind of engine you are looking for. You can get the old Gen-III blocks putting out 400+ and there are the Gen-V blocks also putting out 400+.

The Gen-III engines are a great value and are probably the easiest & quickest when it comes to plug & play.

The Gen-V blocks are intended primarily for computer control, so you'll need the computer if you don't already have it. And they are more expensive right off the bat for whatever reason. (Probably because they are overall more complex.)

One (of many) nice things about the SBC is that they all essentially fit any setup that was designed to accept an SBC. So you can put an '08 in a '67 vette. And I guess you could technically put a '68 L-88 engine in an '08 vette if ya wanted.

Take a look at the GM crate engines from Scoggins-Dickey.

BTW, what part of the Philippines are located? My buddy just moved back from there after being there for the past couple of years. Still has a goat farm there and lots of land. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom