Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Modifications

Tomrw

Corvette
2000 Black Conv. Bassani Exhaust.
I am interested in making a few modifications to improve the performance of my C5. The prior owner installed a Bassani Exhaust. What other simple changes should I make to the air intake, etc.? Are these any good books and manuals on making modifications to the C5?
Thanks
Tom

Did they install a full bassani exhaust, or just catbacks? Depending on what you want, you could go headers/high-flo cats, Xpipe all that jazz, depending upon your wallet, and what you want. K&N, Cold Air intake stuff like that is what you could look into. port & polish the heads, better cam...all types of stuff, just depends on how deep the wallet goes in most instances. Enjoy the car, and keep it on all 4s

I just got the Vortex ram coldair intake, Bassani Xpipe and Corsa cat back systems. Runs really well and sounds excellent.

Ziro, does Corsa's system sound better in person? I heard their stuff online the other day, and i must say i wasn't very pleased, but it may just be the internet sound w/ their corvette stuff. Now the 5.3 and 6.0 Vortec stuff sounded awesome. I love flowmaster, personally, i've got them on my Silverado now, and will either go Corsa or Flowmaster when the time comes for me to build my sport truck.....but, if i get a vette (in the future...like the year 2150 :p ) then i'll probably go Flowmaster, esp if Corsa sounds like it does in person, like it did online. Hopefully it sounds better in person, just curious...

I've got a Bassani X-pipe with Corsa Indy Pace car exhaust....all I've got to do is turn the key and all the neighbors are looking. Also swapped out the throttle body and MAF sensor, as well as the air plenum to go along with the Vortex ram air induction. I jokingly call it my money pit, but my wife believes it.....give me a few dollars and I can throw something else on.

Many people change the MAF sensor, throttle body, air filter and lid, and open up the front (Like the Z06). Hope this helps.

It seems that the standard mods for the vette(from other forums)are:
Aftermarket Air Intake
MAF
Coolant By-pass
172-178 deg. T- stat
Fuel Line Recurve Kit(97-98)
Aftermarket Exhaust
Plug wires
Plugs(NGK TR-55 copper core seem to be popular)
These are your bolt-ons,from there it depends on how serious you really are. The next increments up are more costly,but should
give you a lot more horsepower.

MAF

What do you do with the MAF? Is that the fan-thingee between the air filter and the TB?
--Drew:w

Have Flowmasters on my 98 sound awesome, but insides rattle from time to time. Called Flowmaster they give 1 year warranty only, weren't real interested in my problem with them. I have Borla Stinger exhaust on the way, probably will save old exhaust in case I ever sell it.
As for modifications if you already have an exhaust I would install a good air intake system. Have Breathless Vortex on mine and really like it. You might also try to get a PCM reprogram, which also REALLY woke mine up!

PCM stands for Powertrain Contol Module, contact Fastchip at 918-446-3019 or www.fastchip.com for more info on what it does and gains in HP. Had mine done a month ago was the best money I have ever spent, real seat of your pants gain in performance.

Doneboy, hit it right on the head!!!

Those seem to be some of the most popular mods for people now. No matter what really, truck, Fbody, vette...seem to hear lots of LS1 guys going w/ an LS6 intake/heads/cam package though too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom