Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More clutch problems. Please help......

B

BlackRat

Setup = centerforce Clutch, PP and throwout bearing. Lake wood bellhousing and clutch fork with adjustable ball stud, Speed Direct linkage and a 64-65 M20.
I thought that the problem was with the fork hitting the firewall. However I ground down the firewall and connected everything together. I can see the clutch fork through the hole in the floor that I ground out. IT IS NOT MOVING AT ALL WHEN APPLYING PRESSURE TO THE PEDAL!!!!! I have already had to bend the frame side cross bar bracket back after bending it with pressure appllied by the pedal.

What is going on? Throwout bearing stuck on the input shaft? Fork incorectly adjusted? Always something!!!

Thanks
Wade

Is everything already connected up, like the throwout bearing to the pressure plate assembly? Just an idea, but when my clutch "went" on me, it was because the spring snapped off and bound up the pressure plate assembly, in which case I couldn't depress the clutch pedal. I would check the assembly to make sure that there is nothing there that is binding everything up. It may seem like it's the linkage, but could be something else.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion. Alll parts are new and already assembled and never ran. Of course that does not mean that your idea couldn't occur.

I am looking at the mounting bracket that I installed to the frame. As I said earlier the shaft rotates freely but some have suggested that the geometry still may be wrong.

Wade

Ditch the Lakewood clutch fork and use the GM fork; have never seen a Lakewood fork that didn't hit the firewall - their geometry is wrong. Also, follow the Centerforce instructions to the letter about the dimension to the end of the adjustable ball stud - if you don't, you won't have enough adjustment in the linkage.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom