Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More headlight fun

Gdad45

Corvette
2000 Triple Black Convertible 6speed
I don't think I have mechanical issues, but electrical gremlins.
1. With Twilight Sentinal OFF the headlights open and close - sometimes - when switch is turned to headlight position but lights do not turn on - sometimes.
2. With headlight doors opened manually lights will not come on - sometimes - when switch is turned to headlight position. All other lights do come on.

Thoughts ?

First off Gdad, I think a WELCOME is in order. Here at CAC I think you'll find a lot of good people with great intentions and knowledge. I don't happen to be one of those people....my intentions are good just not a lot of knowledge. ;LOL

Someone will be by soon to help you out with the problem. :w

You need to restate each thing differently with better information on each action.

What happens when you use Twilight Sentinel?

Headlights OFF

You need to restate each thing differently with better information on each action.

What happens when you use Twilight Sentinel?

OK. My Twilight Sentinel works fine, but that's the ONLY time my headlights come on.
I CANNOT turn on the headlights manually using the stalk switch when Twilight Sentinel is off.
Doors open and all other running lights come on normally in both switch positions
Flash-to-pass works, too.

Could it be a relay or fuse? I hate to think about changing out the switch stalk.

Verify I/P fuse box fuse 6 is good and also relay 43. If you don't know how to test the relay just swap it with another one like 44 which is for TS that we know is good.

OK. My Twilight Sentinel works fine, but that's the ONLY time my headlights come on.
I CANNOT turn on the headlights manually using the stalk switch when Twilight Sentinel is off.
Doors open and all other running lights come on normally in both switch positions
Flash-to-pass works, too.

Could it be a relay or fuse? I hate to think about changing out the switch stalk.

Have you pulled your codes? Before thinking about replacing anything, the first thing that you should always do when there is a problem is to pull the codes.

Have you pulled your codes? Before thinking about replacing anything, the first thing that you should always do when there is a problem is to pull the codes.

Pulled all codes. Had lots, but none headlight related.

now to check circuits/fuses/relays. Oh joy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom