Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More Music please

Corvsinis

Hello! You know if the CD player's Corvette C5 2002 recognizes CDs recorded in MP3? I'm used to carry in my car 60-80gb of music and the Corvette when we get bored [emoji16] long journeys. I do not like having to change the serial radiocassete as break the somewhat classic look of the car and I really like that. if you do not accept MP3, you know any system that would connect the radio with tape or CD player device to store some more music? I also like to have hands free to talk on the phone. I think that asking too much for the standard radiocassete not?

NO they will not play. I did install an adapter from DoubleD Mods that lets me play MP3s from an iPod.

Mr. Sam

Where I can get this module Dadaroo? It connects easily? Has bluetooth hands-free? Many thanks as always !!!

I have a CD changer in the trunk but did not want to run the wiring for the iPod from it so I just disconnected the changer and used the model Tom showed above. It has to be plugged into the rear of the radio. No Bluetooth, just an iPod interface. I just routed the iPod connection so it can lay in the passenger side or in the seat there. Easy to access. If you need info on getting to the radio let us know.

Here is the one that can be plugged into the changer harness I the trunk. You can't use the remote changer regardless of which iPod style you chose.

Peripheral PXDP PXHGM4 Chevrolet Corvette 97-04 iPod Adapter

Mr. Sam

I have a CD changer in the trunk but did not want to run the wiring for the iPod from it so I just disconnected the changer and used the model Tom showed above. It has to be plugged into the rear of the radio. No Bluetooth, just an iPod interface. I just routed the iPod connection so it can lay in the passenger side or in the seat there. Easy to access. If you need info on getting to the radio let us know.

Here is the one that can be plugged into the changer harness I the trunk. You can't use the remote changer regardless of which iPod style you chose.

Mr. Sam

Sam thank you very much !!! It is about to reach me the last workshop manual. and so I can go step by step repair all faults that I go out. I will try to buy the kit and install it myself to see how it works.

Remember, this is one for hooking up at the remote CD player and routing the small cable to the driver area. You disconnect the remote CD player and plug it into the remote cable.

This is the one that connects to the radio if you don't have a remote CD player. You can still connect it to the radio if you have a remote CD player but you need to disconnect the CD player harness. I did it this way and just disconnected my remote CD player. You can't use this adapter and use a remote CD player, will not work.

Mr. Sam

I have that conversion and I use it with my I phone 6, but the only way I could get it to work with the 8 pin lightning plug for the I phone 6 (30 pin to 8 pin) was to buy the Apple product adapter, I tried two aftermarket 30 to 8 pin adapters and no sound. The overpriced Apple cable adapter ($35.00) was the only cable that I found that worked.

I have that conversion and I use it with my I phone 6, but the only way I could get it to work with the 8 pin lightning plug for the I phone 6 (30 pin to 8 pin) was to buy the Apple product adapter, I tried two aftermarket 30 to 8 pin adapters and no sound. The overpriced Apple cable adapter ($35.00) was the only cable that I found that worked.

I recently went to an Iphone as well (5) and I purchased some of those "off brand adapters". They work for charging the phone, but not for listening to music through my Ihome clock radio or my Bose sound system in the shop. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go with the original Apple converter.

Corvinis, if you have the CD changer in the back well, you need the one dadaroo refers to, not the one that I gave a link for.

Remember, this is one for hooking up at the remote CD player and routing the small cable to the driver area. You disconnect the remote CD player and plug it into the remote cable.

This is the one that connects to the radio if you don't have a remote CD player. You can still connect it to the radio if you have a remote CD player but you need to disconnect the CD player harness. I did it this way and just disconnected my remote CD player. You can't use this adapter and use a remote CD player, will not work.

Mr. Sam

I just want off the boot cd player and connect a 80GB ipod. if I connect an iPod no longer need the boot cd.

Just an FYI... Our friends at Mid America Motorworks have a complete iPod adapter system that comes with a mount that utilizes the "cup holder" in the C5 console. It isn't cheep, but it looks and works great. I have one in my 2004 Z06.

I'll take a look. thank you BigJim!

Here's a link:

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette/newsearch.aspx?S=ipod%20interface&Y=&G=C5&C=

Here's a link:

http://www.mamotorworks.com/Corvette/newsearch.aspx?S=ipod%20interface&Y=&G=C5&C=

Thanks for the link, I couldn't find it earlier, looks slick. Yeah, they are really proud of that puppy.

How did you wire it in, and did it come with all the cables needed to run it from the cd changer in the trunk to the cup holder?

It doesn't run to the trunk, it plugs into the back of the radio where the CD deck would have plugged in. Yes, everything you need is included. The cupholder mount is very slick and hidden when you want it to be... I use my iPod Classic with 160G of music!! I could probably listen for the entire season and never hear the same song twice. I enjoy such a WIDE variety of music that there is really no other option for me!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom