Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

More Snow !!%%%@@

TooFast

Corvette
2004 6 Speed Roadster and 2011 Inferno Orange Z06
OK, I don't initaite too many threads but I am so frustrated I can't believe it! In the past 24 hours we have gotten no less than 18 inches of snow here in Monument, CO. I just cleaned my top with Ragg Topp cleaner and was getiing ready to treat the top with the protectant and wham. Plus I was supposed to install my Ti's tomorrow on my neighbrs lift...well that's not happening. I just threw the car cover back on; it probably won't be another couple of weeks now until I can take it out after all of this mess gets cleaned up...aagggh! :W

Colorado

You're in the heavens out there, big altitude, aren't ya?
You're first ride of the year's comin' dude, hang in there. Gonna be great to be cruisin' again - soon :beer

OK, I don't initaite too many threads but I am so frustrated I can't believe it! In the past 24 hours we have gotten no less than 18 inches of snow here in Monument, CO. I just cleaned my top with Ragg Topp cleaner and was getiing ready to treat the top with the protectant and wham. Plus I was supposed to install my Ti's tomorrow on my neighbrs lift...well that's not happening. I just threw the car cover back on; it probably won't be another couple of weeks now until I can take it out after all of this mess gets cleaned up...aagggh! :W

Dude, your in Colorado. That's like someone from Florida or So Cal complaining about sunshine and warm temps. :)

What did you expect, dude. Ya live right atop the Palmer Divide which always has the worst of any winter weather problems in Colorado. Your adjacent to I-25 AKA: "Ribbon of Death" in the storm season (about 7-8 months with the snow and hail seasons).

Those of us who live a little further North & in Denver may be more tolerrant of the Divide becaus we realize it is Natures way of seperating the religious fanatics in Co. Springs from us sinful Hedonists.:dancenaughty:_rock:beer

I feel your pain as I live at a higher elevation than you. I have taken two of the three vettes out of storage and pick my days to drive them. The convertible is still in storage -comes out in June for the drive to Cruise Fest in Effingham.
Drove through the Monument area on I-25 last Wednesday on the way and return to Rex Tire to get the new Michelin A/S ZP tires installed on the 02 coupe - love them so far. Great drive. But the next day, snow and rain and rocks falling on US 285. Love living in Colorado, and expect many days of non-driving during the "Winter Season". Next week, two of the 4 wheel drives go into storage. Best thing about the Colorado spring is that the snow does not last long and you will be driving next week.
Barrett

TooFast,
Haven't you lived in Colorado long enough to have learned that March & April are our snowiest months of the year?

Hey, the day before you were getting 18 inches at the top of Monument Hill, I was getting a tornado, hail, and lightning over Parker.

The snow will soon be yeilding to summer, don't worry.

-Patrick

DARN that Global warming, Climate change, Capitalism hating, OWLGore following, Bushing hating scoundrels Foiled again by normal weather!
Charlie
BTW I almost bought a log home in Woodland Park, CO YEARS ago. THat place came with the snow blower...A John Deere DIESEL tractor with a snow blowing attachment, figured that meant BIG snow!

You should visit Michigan some time! ;LOL

Geez I have had to put the top up and run the A/C already. :ugh

Those of us who live a little further North & in Denver may be more tolerrant of the Divide becaus we realize it is Natures way of seperating the religious fanatics in Co. Springs from us sinful Hedonists.:dancenaughty:_rock:beer

Hehe...I never thought about it that way! :L :beer

Yeah, I've only been able to take my vert out a couple of times so far. We got our share of the white stuff here in the Springs too. I did see a couple of C6s out in the mess on Friday and over the weekend. I suppose they figure "what the hell?" Hey I just finished waxing and polishing mine; I don't want to mess that up! It's just for looking at anyway. :D

The good weather's coming! Patience young Skywalker!

Thats one sad story ,I couldn't stop cryin for ya .
Some people just gotta complain,This guy isn't discouraged the least!!:thumb

:D
attachment.php

attachment.php

Actually I've seen no real practical use for the stuff .;shrug

Actually, as much as I dislike the inconvience of snow, where I live, it is welcomed because the more we get, the more groundwater replenishment occurs, it nurishes the plants and trees, and deminishes the chance of forest fires. Having lived through three semi draught seasons in the early 2000s, and three fire seasons, I am happy that the snow falls. The white stuff in the spring melts fast, the winds and sun dry the roads, and I am usually on the road in one of the corvettes within two days. Because of the temperature swings, the 08 convertible (no hardtop) stays in storage till June. In the past the 94 vert came out first because it had a hardtop; now the Z06 and coupe are out and I am enjoying diriving them again. Had 3 inches this morning and it is already melting with the solar snow plow doing its thing. The snow plow blazer and the 03 blazer go into storage this next weekend as I prepare them for their spring and summer hibernation.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom